SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of Month

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Tue 10.05.2016, 11:35

muley wrote:O.K. Is anyone planning to go tomorrow (11th. May) ?

Jim
Hoping to be there, but still have to change that headlamp bulb...
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Tue 10.05.2016, 12:15

markv wrote:
muley wrote:O.K. Is anyone planning to go tomorrow (11th. May) ?

Jim
Hoping to be there, but still have to change that headlamp bulb...


Mark

You could always bring the bulb with you - I am sure someoe would with more nimble hands than me will help change it. :D

I personally find it easier to undo the two bolts on bracket holding the headlight pod to make access to the rear iof the Headlight much easier. No need to remove the connecting rod to motor but you need to put back the shims in same position.

Nick
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby dapinky » Tue 10.05.2016, 12:20

Nickydee wrote:I personally find it easier to undo the two bolts on bracket holding the headlight pod to make access to the rear iof the Headlight much easier. No need to remove the connecting rod to motor but you need to put back the shims in same position.

Nick


Another way to get the right clearence for your hands is to turn the knob on top of the motor to partially wind the pod up - there is a 'sweet spot' part way through the total movement which allows you to both see what you need to get to, and reach it with normal size hands :wink:
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Tue 10.05.2016, 13:09

Thanks all - it's interesting to see how many ways there are to skin this cat! I'm halfway through the job - I got the blown bulb out by turning the lights on to raise the pods, then disconnecting the battery to leave them up. Then in the very limited space via the side opening I managed to remove the flexible rear cover, finally work out how the bulb was clipped in place and unclip it. Fingers crossed I can remember how to reverse all the steps without putting any grease or mucky fingerprints on the bulb! If not, I might be in the need of help/advice from fellow attendees on Wednesday night...
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby rjbean » Wed 11.05.2016, 06:24

Hope you're feeling better soon, Derek.

Michelle and I will be there
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Wed 11.05.2016, 16:49

markv wrote:Thanks all - it's interesting to see how many ways there are to skin this cat! I'm halfway through the job - I got the blown bulb out by turning the lights on to raise the pods, then disconnecting the battery to leave them up. Then in the very limited space via the side opening I managed to remove the flexible rear cover, finally work out how the bulb was clipped in place and unclip it. Fingers crossed I can remember how to reverse all the steps without putting any grease or mucky fingerprints on the bulb! If not, I might be in the need of help/advice from fellow attendees on Wednesday night...


:roll eyes

There's a better way. See you there and we'll sort it!

Kind regards

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4524
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby mikecg » Wed 11.05.2016, 17:10

Hi I am planning to join you for the first time this evening,


See you there around 7:45 Mike
User avatar
mikecg
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue 29.12.2015, 15:11
Location: Horley, Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Wed 11.05.2016, 17:29

mikecg wrote:Hi I am planning to join you for the first time this evening,


See you there around 7:45 Mike


Cool.

See you there

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4524
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby markv » Thu 12.05.2016, 00:48

muley wrote:
markv wrote:Thanks all - it's interesting to see how many ways there are to skin this cat! I'm halfway through the job - I got the blown bulb out by turning the lights on to raise the pods, then disconnecting the battery to leave them up. Then in the very limited space via the side opening I managed to remove the flexible rear cover, finally work out how the bulb was clipped in place and unclip it. Fingers crossed I can remember how to reverse all the steps without putting any grease or mucky fingerprints on the bulb! If not, I might be in the need of help/advice from fellow attendees on Wednesday night...


:roll eyes

There's a better way. See you there and we'll sort it!

Kind regards

Jim

I've now been taken aside and learnt the error of my ways. In my defence, I did successfully manage to change the bulb using my (now patented) method, and as I explained at the meeting, in 10 years of Elan ownership this was my most ambitious and complex DIY job undertaken on the car - I'm not good at DIY!

Oh, and it was a good meet - 6 elans!
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby Piperman » Thu 12.05.2016, 04:48

Missed agood meet again 6 Elans ! impressed ,hopefully next month then regards Derek
Attachments
image.jpeg
Piperman
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat 30.03.2013, 10:06
Location: Hants

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Thu 12.05.2016, 10:25

Good to see all the tupperware in the carpark last night. Nice to meet you Mike, if you pm your email address I'll put you on the mailing list for the sussex club lotus newsletter.

To all that couldn't make it the Summer cough and spit (voice recognition software is shite!) is on 7th August.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby daveiow » Thu 12.05.2016, 19:07

A very enjoyable night a the H&C, good to meet Mike and have a chat.
Sorry your Elan is missing Mark, 3 different reds would have given a few people on here a laugh :P
Heading south on the M3 at about 11-30pm a Calypso Red Esprit came alongside, incredible noise :shock: Wbhen he pulled ahead the exhaust was the size of a small cannon :D Speed crept up and it was probably a good thing we parted company at the junction of the M27 :-D
Hopefully see you all in June
David
Attachments
image.jpeg
Not a bad show
"live long and prosper"
Calypso Red 91se. Hispecs,PNM rear calipers,Samco's & BCN cables & SSK so far!(oh and a new hood and paint) sold
Evora n/a
Alfa Sud 1.5ti long gone!
User avatar
daveiow
Fanatic
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed 08.06.2011, 05:25
Location: Isle of Wight.UK

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby Nickydee » Thu 12.05.2016, 19:21

Here you go.
Attachments
2016-05-11 20.52.44__1463077127_86.145.211.114.jpg
2016-05-11 20.52.44__1463077127_86.145.211.114.jpg (13.96 KiB) Viewed 5116 times
Nickydee
Fanatic
 
Posts: 570
Joined: Tue 31.03.2009, 20:18
Location: Guildford Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby mikecg » Fri 13.05.2016, 11:03

Great to meet you all and I will be back (someone famous once said). I picked a few little gems of information from some of you so many thanks Mike.
User avatar
mikecg
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue 29.12.2015, 15:11
Location: Horley, Surrey

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby chris.t » Fri 13.05.2016, 18:13

Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby lotusles » Fri 13.05.2016, 20:00

What an amazing turnout, I will get there one day.

KR
Les
lotusles
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat 12.11.2011, 16:27
Location: Newbury, Berks.

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby Piperman » Sun 15.05.2016, 18:43

posting pic getting there after kerb remval of bumper
Attachments
image.jpeg
Piperman
Sadly departed but never forgotten
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat 30.03.2013, 10:06
Location: Hants

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby steble » Tue 31.05.2016, 15:03

Right so Wednesday the 8th of June, I WILL BE THERE!!! I promise this time.

Will leave home about 7 ish I think. Will more than likely be convoying with Michelle and Rob if they are coming.
YELLOW ELAN M100
CLASSIC MINI RIO WITH B16A2 VTEC ENGINE
SUZUKI IGNIS SPORT
MINI MAYFAIR SOON TO BE RALLY SPEC
steble
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue 24.02.2015, 09:10
Location: Chichester, west sussex

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby muley » Tue 31.05.2016, 20:06

Hi. Jen and I will not be at the June meeting.

Bye for now.
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4524
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Re: SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of M

Postby daveiow » Mon 06.06.2016, 11:17

Just an enquiry to see who is going on Wednesday ?
Have to book a ferry and there are 60k+ festival goers coming over to see The Who etc and it's a bit busy :?
David
"live long and prosper"
Calypso Red 91se. Hispecs,PNM rear calipers,Samco's & BCN cables & SSK so far!(oh and a new hood and paint) sold
Evora n/a
Alfa Sud 1.5ti long gone!
User avatar
daveiow
Fanatic
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed 08.06.2011, 05:25
Location: Isle of Wight.UK

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests