Turbo Heatshield Replacement

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, nitroman, Specky, clemo, Nige, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas

Turbo Heatshield Replacement

Postby dermotbell » Thu 08.09.2016, 18:15

Hi all,
My heatshield is missing! It used to sit on top of turbo and the top bolt bracket was not "formally" attached as the shield had cracked at the attachment. It sat there happily for at least 7 years and in my early days of ownership was quite convenient for exercising the waste gate rod. My heavy right foot soon ensured this was no longer required :-D
I cannot find anyone selling one online, anyone know where I can get one?
PS am I right in that had only one bolt to attach it?
Dermot Bell
dermotbell
Fanatic

Re: Turbo Heatshield Replacement

Postby Grampy » Thu 08.09.2016, 19:14

There was a set on eBay, just looked could only see the cat shield
:?
Lotus Elan SE
lotus Elise S1
Golf R32
Audi A4 mile cruncher
Grampy
Enthusiast

Postby dermotbell » Fri 09.09.2016, 08:41

Thanks Grampy,
I've been all over eBay and other sites with no joy :(
Dermot Bell
dermotbell
Fanatic

Postby Grampy » Fri 09.09.2016, 09:45

Always the same when you need a part
Lotus Elan SE
lotus Elise S1
Golf R32
Audi A4 mile cruncher
Grampy
Enthusiast

Postby lotusflasherman » Fri 09.09.2016, 12:14

dermotbell wrote:Hi all,
My heatshield is missing! It used to sit on top of turbo and the top bolt bracket was not "formally" attached as the shield had cracked at the attachment. It sat there happily for at least 7 years and in my early days of ownership was quite convenient for exercising the waste gate rod. My heavy right foot soon ensured this was no longer required :-D
I cannot find anyone selling one online, anyone know where I can get one?
PS am I right in that had only one bolt to attach it?

No. Top section had 3 bolts. Top one through bracket is pretty obvious, other two, shared with the lower heat shield, go into the turbo wastegate manifold. One goes horizontal from front, other horizontal from O/S but a right bar steward to line up both heatshields and find the hole with the powersteering pump mounting in the way.

My turbo has a bit of narcolepsy so while I'm investigating the lower heatshield has been in a box in my garage and I've run without the top heatshield from time to time and haven't see any sign that anything is getting unduly hot, perhaps it might in a hot country.

Top heatshield is part A100E6022S & lower is A100E6023S if that's any help in tracking them down. DVB are currently listing the Cat heatshield on ebay as A100E6022S but it's actually A100E6027F so they've got that wrong.
Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Collapso SE, Elan+S.... and now an Evora
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby dermotbell » Sun 11.09.2016, 07:53

Thanks Phil,
A part number might help in tracking one down, if anyone has replaced their stock turbo and don't require the heatshield please let me know.
I currently have a very agricultural tempo fix from an old battered heatshield from another car, too embarrassing for a picture :|
Dermot Bell
dermotbell
Fanatic

Return to Turbos, Boost, and Intakes