Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by GeoffSmith » Tue 18.07.2017, 11:16
Another one for the blue and orange appreciation society… my old man's car†‡:
1982 05 BlueAndOrangeBirdx640.jpg
† It was 1982
‡ He was colour blind
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Calypso Red S2 #417
USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
-

GeoffSmith
- Kitty Fiddler
-
- Posts: 15628
- Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
- Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire
-
by sheriff464 » Tue 25.07.2017, 23:08
Hi LEC'ers, Spotted today at 10.40 Calypso Red SE, J---LBC. Solo male with hood up! (why?) such a glorious sunny day today; travelling towards Hereford by Eardisley on the A4111. I was in the silver ambulance driving towards Llandrindod Wells. Anyone on LEC? Cheers from Sheriff 464.
-
sheriff464
- Enthusiast
-
- Posts: 119
- Joined: Thu 01.04.2010, 22:13
- Location: Shropshire
by Rambo » Wed 26.07.2017, 09:22
I have seen this car too, also with roof up, on the A49 at the roundabout by Leominster so it must be a local car
I seem to remember you've seen a J plate Collapso red near Old Radnor when you've been out and about in your ambulance. Possibly the same guy ? Eardisley, Old Radnor, Llandrindod Wells, Leominster. My guess is he lives in the Welsh marches/west Herefordshire area

-

Rambo
- Don't push me
-
- Posts: 9144
- Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
- Location: Both sides of the Tweed
by simonbuk » Fri 28.07.2017, 19:44
Green SE outside Winchester some where , think the plate was 'G698' or something - nice roads around there !!
Black S2 No.357
Aqua Blue S2 No.385
Simonthesailor"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
-

simonbuk
- God
-
- Posts: 1601
- Joined: Sun 13.03.2016, 12:50
- Location: Mostly Worthing,West Sussex, sometimes the canals.......
-
by Simon_P » Fri 28.07.2017, 22:44
Red
Hawkhurst traffic lights turning left
Yesterday 2.30 pm
-
Simon_P
- God
-
- Posts: 2602
- Joined: Fri 06.08.2004, 12:33
- Location: Kent UK
by rip » Sat 29.07.2017, 13:29
K reg Aqua heading north towards A421 between Bletchley & Buckingham this morning, probably some time around 10.30.
I was in a group of cyclists wearing our club colours of red & black. I was the one who waved & was actually right next to another owner & forum member, paulsmithmk !
We thought you may have been heading to Silverstone for the classics event this weekend?
1990 SE
-

rip
- God
-
- Posts: 5905
- Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
- Location: Milton Keynes, UK
by Artaban » Mon 31.07.2017, 21:52
Red SE J969 *** travelling on the A303 eastbound early evening. Wasn't hanging about but kept getting held up by inconsiderate road users who insisted on using the road at the same time.

My wife's just divorced me because I wouldn't open the car door for her!
To be fair I panicked and swam straight for the surface.
-

Artaban
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 489
- Joined: Tue 09.02.2010, 07:24
- Location: Tiverton, Devon UK
by Mike T » Sat 12.08.2017, 08:57
NMY Church Road Boreham, Saturday 8am - passed me as I waited to cross the road with my dog. For I second I thought my car had been stolen until I saw the reg!
-

Mike T
- Newbie
-
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 23:11
- Location: Chelmsford, Essex
by blimeyme » Wed 16.08.2017, 12:48
S2 this morning about 9am.
Leicester....heading through new parks area coming away from Glenfield.
Was so surprised to see one that from a distance I thought it was mine!
Male driver.....Hood up.....I'd forgotten what they look like with the hood up. .....anyone on here?
-
blimeyme
- Newbie
-
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Fri 25.09.2015, 14:27
- Location: Leicester
by tb10 » Wed 16.08.2017, 18:58
Today @ 12.40 on the M40 Northbound between Oxford and Banbury turns - Palicio Purple Hood up. Kathryn perhaps?
-
tb10
- God
-
- Posts: 845
- Joined: Tue 18.05.2010, 23:16
- Location: Bromsgrove - Worcestershire
by Kathryn » Wed 16.08.2017, 19:47
tb10 wrote:Today @ 12.40 on the M40 Northbound between Oxford and Banbury turns - Palicio Purple Hood up. Kathryn perhaps?
No not me! Mine was parked up out the back of my work at that time.
Palacio S2 #540
-

Kathryn
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 629
- Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
- Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK
by tb10 » Wed 16.08.2017, 20:01
Kathryn wrote:tb10 wrote:Today @ 12.40 on the M40 Northbound between Oxford and Banbury turns - Palicio Purple Hood up. Kathryn perhaps?
No not me! Mine was parked up out the back of my work at that time.
Are you sure!!!!!!!!!! Hmmm, I wonder who it was then?

-
tb10
- God
-
- Posts: 845
- Joined: Tue 18.05.2010, 23:16
- Location: Bromsgrove - Worcestershire
by Rice crispy » Sat 09.09.2017, 09:12
Red elan collier row about 5.45 pm on Thursday. Didn't recognise the car or owner
-

Rice crispy
- God
-
- Posts: 1871
- Joined: Tue 16.06.2009, 11:48
- Location: brentwood essex
by madbilly » Wed 20.09.2017, 08:33
I'm pretty sure that HJ2 spotted a silver SE in Provence a couple of months ago!

-

madbilly
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 553
- Joined: Fri 05.08.2011, 21:28
- Location: Gloucester, UK
by Bolsom » Thu 21.09.2017, 17:58
Yesterday evening at 6.30 a french white SE. in Belveze very near to where I live. I was waiting in the doctors surgery
when it went past. I chased out and spoke to the guy. When I say spoke, it was an attempt as I lost half my tongue to cancer.
I gave him my card and he said he will ring. My wife can converse with him and translate for me.
His car looked immaculate. It had done 120K kilometers. It shamed me into giving mine a wash and brush up today. (34K miles)
Colin
-

Bolsom
- Fanatic
-
- Posts: 255
- Joined: Fri 02.05.2003, 17:37
- Location: Nr. Limoux, France
by clemo » Sat 23.09.2017, 22:29
Bolsom wrote:Yesterday evening at 6.30 a french white SE. in Belveze very near to where I live. I was waiting in the doctors surgery
when it went past. I chased out and spoke to the guy. When I say spoke, it was an attempt as I lost half my tongue to cancer.
I gave him my card and he said he will ring. My wife can converse with him and translate for me.
His car looked immaculate. It had done 120K kilometers. It shamed me into giving mine a wash and brush up today. (34K miles)
Colin
We need photos to prove how clean your now is !.
Jim Clark S2 - 1/12. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
-

clemo
- LEC Administrator
-
- Posts: 5069
- Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 23:24
- Location: TORQUAY Devon. Cream first then Jam obviously.
by simonbuk » Wed 27.09.2017, 16:48
Just saw a silk red H reg Elan parked on a drive in Petts Wood, Orpington. Haven't seen it before around here - anybody in here ?
Black S2 No.357
Aqua Blue S2 No.385
Simonthesailor"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
-

simonbuk
- God
-
- Posts: 1601
- Joined: Sun 13.03.2016, 12:50
- Location: Mostly Worthing,West Sussex, sometimes the canals.......
-
by TrevorB » Wed 27.09.2017, 17:18
simonbuk wrote:Just saw a silk red H reg Elan parked on a drive in Petts Wood, Orpington. Haven't seen it before around here - anybody in here ?
Need to go back and check the vin. Is it the one?
Trevor
Silk Red SE Turbo
Short shift conversion with BB aluminium cables
HiSpec front brakes
PNM rear brakes
Piper Exhaust
Aluminium radiator
Closed Loop conversion
Kilimanjaro chip
-

TrevorB
- Wannabe Princess
-
- Posts: 883
- Joined: Sun 23.01.2011, 21:18
- Location: Gravesend, Kent
by simonbuk » Wed 27.09.2017, 21:51
I'll probably see it again if it lives around there now. Think the plate was H868 or something......
Black S2 No.357
Aqua Blue S2 No.385
Simonthesailor"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
-

simonbuk
- God
-
- Posts: 1601
- Joined: Sun 13.03.2016, 12:50
- Location: Mostly Worthing,West Sussex, sometimes the canals.......
-
by simonbuk » Fri 29.09.2017, 16:39
It's actually K868......
Think it's somebody who goes touring in it as it has the GB sticker on the back. There was a photo of a silk red one posted on here a short while ago, can't remember which thread it appeared in but he had recently been in France I think. Anybody remember it ?
Ok, not surprised i couldn't find it, it wasn't posted on here, it was on one of the Facebook groups. Don't think hes a membef on here, i'll have to call in and have a chat sometime maybe.......
Last edited by
simonbuk on Sun 01.10.2017, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.
Black S2 No.357
Aqua Blue S2 No.385
Simonthesailor"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
-

simonbuk
- God
-
- Posts: 1601
- Joined: Sun 13.03.2016, 12:50
- Location: Mostly Worthing,West Sussex, sometimes the canals.......
-
Return to General
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests