M100 Stock Calibrations Wanted

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Dave Eds, Sy V, GeoffSmith, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, clemo, Specky, Nige

M100 Stock Calibrations Wanted

Postby Hogflash » Mon 26.02.2018, 17:09

I am trying to work out what the various bits are in the M100 datastream - I have started on some disassembly of a modified euro calibration, but due to it's unknown source, I would like to get copies of the factory original Euro, US and California PROMs to work from. Does anyone here have these, or can suggest where I can get them?

My understanding is the most common PROM IDs are as follows:
$2417 (9239) - euro cal (early)
$26CA (9930) - euro cal (later)
$05DB (1499) - US 49 state cal
$16D9 (5849) - US 49 state cal
$9949 (26DD) - California cal

Also, If you wish to upload the cals from your vehicle, I have a program which you can use to do this.

Thanks,

Gary
Hogflash

Re: M100 Stock Calibrations Wanted

Postby Giniw » Mon 26.02.2018, 17:31

Have you had a look at the *.ini file from ElanScan? There is a fair bit of informations in there!
Giniw
God

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Mon 26.02.2018, 17:42

I am not trying to start a war, but a LOT of US owners have Everest Chips installed. That programming is licensed by Alan McNicol and sold by http://www.elanchips.co.uk

The code readers including ElanScan will read and store his programs which he has not given anyone permission to share or use other than by the owner of the chip.

PLEASE do NOT send any "cals" images that might impinge on his licenses.

The "cals" he is referring are all for CAT based M100s. There is also a specific memcal for Japan which looks at the temperature of the cat as well as other running features.

Look at this page to see the different variants and Prom IDs Lotus used: https://elanchips.co.uk/instructions/pr ... coder.html.

Unlike companies like SuperChips, Alan worked very hard to identify the registers and took the safe route to performance improvement by not only modifying the wastegate/turbo parameters but also improving the fuel level to support the extra boost and not go too lean.

Alan offers several variations of performance including a switcher that lets owners run "stock", "street improved" and "full-on Race".

My suggestion to the OP (Hogflash) is he should contact Alan (member ID ESM) and see if he has something already packaged that will satisfy the OP's performance desires.
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby Giniw » Mon 26.02.2018, 17:47

Brit-Car-Nut wrote:PLEASE do NOT send any "cals" images that might impinge on his licenses.
:agree:
Hogflash only referred to the stock bins, but this is worth mentioning indeed, as it may be not that obvious to some people :-)
Giniw
God

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Mon 26.02.2018, 17:57

I was never suggesting that there was a hidden agenda to anyone's attempt to look at the ECM programming, just that reading the eProm's content is very simple and also very easy to supply the licensed coding by mistake.

I have helped a few owners in the US with questions by asking Alan to review their chip downloads to make sure the chips had not been damaged. Moates offers readers, programmers and all sorts of modifying technology and I felt it appropriate to suggest the list of memcals that Alan has already researched and I also know Alan will do a specifically custom program if someone wants to change paratmeters for a special engine build.

Mr. Hogflash might also want to contact a few of the competitive drivers like LEC member "Steve Matthews" to get their input on what works and what doesn't.
Last edited by Brit-Car-Nut on Mon 26.02.2018, 18:01, edited 1 time in total.
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby Giniw » Mon 26.02.2018, 18:00

Brit-Car-Nut wrote:just that reading the eProm's content is very simple and also very easy to supply the licensed coding by mistake.
Yes no problem, that is why I meant when I said it was not that obvious for some people ^^
Giniw
God

Postby Hogflash » Mon 26.02.2018, 21:02

All,

I am specifically *NOT* wanting modified chips, only stock factory code! What I am after is more detailed information of the datastream variables and status bits - ElanScan has only a few of these documented out of the 100+ that are actually sent. The M100 ECM code base is quite different from the other GMP4 ECMs, so it requires disassembling and studying the code to determine what all the status bits actually are, and how they work.

Is this information useful? Who knows! It's a retirement project! I will be happy to share the full datastream definition should it ever get figured out. This information could be incorporated into an updated ElanScan or any other product.

Gary
Hogflash

Postby GeoffSmith » Tue 27.02.2018, 15:46

Hogflash wrote:All,

I am specifically *NOT* wanting modified chips, only stock factory code! What I am after is more detailed information of the datastream variables and status bits - ElanScan has only a few of these documented out of the 100+ that are actually sent. The M100 ECM code base is quite different from the other GMP4 ECMs, so it requires disassembling and studying the code to determine what all the status bits actually are, and how they work.

Is this information useful? Who knows! It's a retirement project! I will be happy to share the full datastream definition should it ever get figured out. This information could be incorporated into an updated ElanScan or any other product.

Gary

I did run the dump through a disassembler when I first retired… but that was nearly 3 years ago and I was only 8080/85 proficient so it was put on the back burner. ElanScan already has the ability to save the PROM (File | Dump PROM to bin…) but I think there is an issue with later versions of ES. I've sent you a copy of the S2 (UK closed loop) 1499 dump. I have identified the likely purpose of a few more flags (but I'm in Spain at the minute so can't check if I recorded them anywhere) but it would be good to work them out from the source code.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £55 incl. P&P.
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler

Postby Hogflash » Mon 05.03.2018, 23:51

Geoff,

I'd be happy to share my work on this with you. It will take a group effort to really understand and trace out the code. I've found a number of previously unknown items for the datastream, but still a very long way to go!

Gary
Hogflash

Return to ElanScan