LOTUS ELAN M100 [ CASTLE COMBE ] 2018 JOB DONE.

† Bristol Outlying Lands LEC Knowledge & Support

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby Saltire » Wed 23.05.2018, 15:20

Likewise, Dave - given that I probably have the shortest distance to travel from home, if you need me to bring tools, supplies, spare cable ties, etc: just shout. Preferably before 08:59 on Saturday morning :lol:
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2, BRG - Now sadly sold
Mrs Saltire’s 2021 Mini Countryman Cooper S
Mrs Saltire’s 2022 BMW i3S
User avatar
Saltire
God
 
Posts: 2457
Joined: Sun 05.04.2015, 22:27
Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby dapinky » Wed 23.05.2018, 17:30

Hang on - I'm not in charge!!! (Clemo is this year)......

.... but, that said - if someone can pick up a couple of pints of milk on the way it will save it from being the yoghurt that it'll convert to during my drive/camping.

I'll get tea bags, sugar, coffee (my stove is petrol, so gas cannisters not required, thanks for the offer :wink: )

Cable ties are always useful - i'll have some (if i can remember).

Really, it's just bring a mug and a chair - I'll have my 'standard' kit with me which covers most eventualities.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby JusNoGood » Wed 23.05.2018, 18:52

dapinky wrote:Hang on - I'm not in charge!!! (Clemo is this year)......

.... but, that said - if someone can pick up a couple of pints of milk on the way it will save it from being the yoghurt that it'll convert to during my drive/camping.

I'll get tea bags, sugar, coffee (my stove is petrol, so gas cannisters not required, thanks for the offer :wink: )

Cable ties are always useful - i'll have some (if i can remember).

Really, it's just bring a mug and a chair - I'll have my 'standard' kit with me which covers most eventualities.



Yes, boss. :lol: I've put a hand handful of ties in my bag. I'll pick up the milk on the way too and bring the freezer bag, if I remember.
User avatar
JusNoGood
Fanatic
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri 12.01.2018, 09:20
Location: Reigate, Surrey

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 23.05.2018, 19:36

dapinky wrote:…I'll (hopefully, if the logistics are still as previously arranged with the Geordie bloke) be collecting the gazebo and banner on Friday on the way to the camp site....

Gazebo, banner and primus are at the agreed secret rendezvous.

dapinky wrote:…I would propose that we stick the gazebo somewhere as a 'meeting point' where we can have a collection of chairs, table, kettle and teabags etc (please bring a mug as I won't have 25 of them with me).

The banner can either go in front of the gazebo, or perhaps hang it on the fence at the back of our pitch with a few cable ties - it will depend on exact numbers, and access to/from the grass - more so for those going on track. …

Careful, that's almost bordering on a plan, which is against the spirit of the event. :lol:
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby Rambo » Wed 23.05.2018, 21:33

Who's bringing the BBQ ?
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 23.05.2018, 21:44

Rambo wrote:Who's bringing the BBQ ?

You.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby basher » Wed 23.05.2018, 22:31

Sadly I'm going to have to miss this event.
The problem I've had has put be back and I'm not going to be able to get everything sorted and tested for Saturday. Really disappointed, I was looking forward to it...
Have a good one, ill try again next time.
User avatar
basher
Fanatic
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Tue 02.11.2010, 18:19
Location: Colchester

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby Kathryn » Wed 23.05.2018, 22:58

I have Lotus biscuits to go with the coffee. :D
Palacio S2 #540
User avatar
Kathryn
Fanatic
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sun 23.03.2014, 00:42
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby dapinky » Thu 24.05.2018, 08:54

anyone wanting to meet up for the drive in, please see this thread (all timings are subject to ammendment by suggestion or circumstance).
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby TrevorB » Thu 24.05.2018, 14:42

HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND GUYS :-D :-D :cheers:
Silk Red SE Turbo
Short shift conversion with BB aluminium cables
HiSpec front brakes
PNM rear brakes
Piper Exhaust
Aluminium radiator
Closed Loop conversion
Kilimanjaro chip
User avatar
TrevorB
Wannabe Princess
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Sun 23.01.2011, 21:18
Location: Gravesend, Kent

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby Bern » Thu 24.05.2018, 15:17

TrevorB wrote:HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND GUYS :-D :-D :cheers:


I'll second that!

I'll try and come along later in the day, if I can, but it's not looking very likely!
'90 Elan SE
'95 MGF
'16 Renault Zoe
'03 VW Transporter
'72 Land Rover 88
'80ish Kubota B5100E
User avatar
Bern
Fanatic
 
Posts: 416
Joined: Sat 21.05.2016, 19:16
Location: Wells, Somerset, UK

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby clemo » Thu 24.05.2018, 18:24

dapinky wrote:Hang on - I'm not in charge!!! (Clemo is this year)......



Lec is a wonderful sharing community !
I just wrote the 1st email ... However I will see you at the brewery trying to organise a ......
Jim Clark S2 - 1/12. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
User avatar
clemo
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 5069
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 23:24
Location: TORQUAY Devon. Cream first then Jam obviously.

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby JusNoGood » Fri 25.05.2018, 15:45

Blimey, Saturdays weather forecast changing every day. :roll:

At least I get to try out my new under carpet closed foam :lol: :bonk:
User avatar
JusNoGood
Fanatic
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri 12.01.2018, 09:20
Location: Reigate, Surrey

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby RonR » Fri 25.05.2018, 16:08

Well it really IS a bollecks weekend for me! :cry:

I noticed some brake dust-stained fluid on the NSF wheel on the way back from Ypres and cursed the dog that had caused it.
Cleaned the car, then noticed yesterday it was back.
It turns out that S2 wheels are very good at distributing CV joint grease around the wheel arch once the boot begins to split. Luckily the split is at the drive shaft end so there must be a little grease left in there.
While cleaning the grease from the inside of the wheel I also noticed a cut in the tyre side wall, and a small dent in the inside rim from the Pothole that I thought I'd got away with, so no playtime for me this weekend!

Hope you all have a great time
Ron
User avatar
RonR
Fanatic
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon 22.08.2016, 20:25
Location: Bromley

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby JusNoGood » Sat 26.05.2018, 09:44

Which gate should I be heading for? Club Lotus site seems like it’s down!
User avatar
JusNoGood
Fanatic
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri 12.01.2018, 09:20
Location: Reigate, Surrey

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby Pdfuller » Sat 26.05.2018, 11:52

Gutted we're not going to get to Castle Combe this time and we were really looking forward to it, hope the rest of you all have a fab day and the weather is kind especially to those who are camping, have a great day.
User avatar
Pdfuller
Newbie
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed 14.04.2010, 22:52
Location: weston-super-mare

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby Saltire » Sat 26.05.2018, 16:30

Well, it was wet this morning . . . . but:
DSC00802 (Custom).jpeg


DSC00804 (Custom).jpeg


DSC00807 (Custom).jpeg


DSC00811 (Custom).jpeg


DSC00813 (Custom).jpeg


And the sun came out and the roofs came down in time for the lunchtime parade lap 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2, BRG - Now sadly sold
Mrs Saltire’s 2021 Mini Countryman Cooper S
Mrs Saltire’s 2022 BMW i3S
User avatar
Saltire
God
 
Posts: 2457
Joined: Sun 05.04.2015, 22:27
Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby John_W » Sat 26.05.2018, 20:50

It’s been a fantastic hot sunny day in Aberdeen! :mrgreen:

I hope you all have fun and that the hangovers aren’t too bad.

John

PS: what is that thing? Is Castle Combe a multi-manufacturer event? I thought it was Club Lotus.
PPS: Rambo’s shows up the best!
Last edited by John_W on Sat 26.05.2018, 21:27, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
John_W
Heid-bummer
 
Posts: 3780
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 12:31
Location: Aberdeen

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby JusNoGood » Sat 26.05.2018, 20:56

Well I came back with a burn face!
User avatar
JusNoGood
Fanatic
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri 12.01.2018, 09:20
Location: Reigate, Surrey

Re: LOTUS ELAN M100 BIGGY [ CASTLE COMBE ] - 26th May 2018

Postby Saltire » Sat 26.05.2018, 22:43

Just back from the LEC curry house meal having had a great day at Castle Combe. Many thanks to:

    - Clemo, for the organisation and keeping us all in order
    - Pinky, for endless supplies of tea
    - Kathryn, for the (unofficial) Lotus biscuits
    - Jim, for bringing the alternator
    - Bruce, for bringing the lock bezel
And everyone else that parked in the panorama of M100s and provided the “knowledge and support” part of BOLLECKS.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :bowdown:
See you all again next year :burnout: :cheers: :gathering:
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2, BRG - Now sadly sold
Mrs Saltire’s 2021 Mini Countryman Cooper S
Mrs Saltire’s 2022 BMW i3S
User avatar
Saltire
God
 
Posts: 2457
Joined: Sun 05.04.2015, 22:27
Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

PreviousNext

Return to BOLLECKS† weekend - Castle Combe 26-27 May 2018

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests