Saltire wrote:muley wrote:Fredjohn wrote:On my first trips to CC I stayed at a hotel in central Chippenham, as did a few others. There used to be 2 hotels in the main square. May still be there 30yrs later?
I have also stayed at the Castle Inn in Castle Combe itself. Pricey but wasn't over crowded, but it was back in the days of Graham Arnold.
Both locations are a short drive from the circuit.
Yes, but what is really needed is a place within staggering distance of Malmesbury.
Jim
If the panel desires it, I’ll come up with a list of possibles local to Malmesbury (some of which I may even have stayed at)
I think 'the panel' will be camping at Burton Hill and staggering in & out from the Vaping Canine but if it helps boost the numbers do so...
In the 70's we camped at the circuit the evening before a race meeting and found it's a short walk to Combe village on a footpath onwards from a dead end road & then through a wood. Nice pub but took us quite a bit longer to get back after a few beers what with getting lost in the wood and bumping into trees in the pitch dark ..
