Post and Discuss SoCal-related events here.
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
by lotusesprit » Thu 24.04.2003, 05:21
Well, since Doug moved up North, the SoCal Elan guys have been pretty quiet. We need to kick-off the cobwebs of the group, by trying a once a month (or so) gathering at Donut Derelict's. If anyone else in SoCal is interested in participating, please post a message. Thanks.<br><br>-- Ed :P
91' Lotus Elan
15' Lexus CT200H
-

lotusesprit
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Thu 24.04.2003, 04:54
-
by stiusa » Fri 25.04.2003, 07:09
Ed, of course you can always count on me to be there. We can always grab a bite to eat at the beach, like the good old days. Doug, you are always welcome to join us. I got all my belts done today, and I am good for another 10 years of Doughnut Derelicts.<br><br>Bill Sun [smiley=sun_smiley.gif]
-
stiusa
- Newbie
-
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 18:28
- Location: Southern California
by Doug » Fri 25.04.2003, 10:07
I hope you got some extra holes made in your belt, cause after 10 years of Donuts, you will be needing them.<br><br>Bill, I like your "personalized logo smiley"! { [smiley=sun_smiley.gif] } Makes me want to change my name. ;)<br><br>Bill, you have been disappointing me; I put in the Jet-hot coated parts and then did the GAZ dampers. What have you been up to? Have you been wasting time with your Esprit or something?<br><br>

-

Doug
- LEC Founder
-
- Posts: 7468
- Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 06:43
- Location: Oregon Coast, USA
-
by lotusesprit » Sat 26.04.2003, 02:58

Doug, I finally got the joke....good come-back! We will be missing you over in HB, next time... I'm trying to get the 5 or 6 guys in OC together. I know Bill, Rich Lemieux, Dennis London, Jacob, and Brian. I don't know if Dennis Chan still has his Elan :'(<br><br>-- Ed
91' Lotus Elan
15' Lexus CT200H
-

lotusesprit
- Tinkerer
-
- Posts: 62
- Joined: Thu 24.04.2003, 04:54
-
by stiusa » Mon 28.04.2003, 04:02
Doug,<br><br>Naturally, Ed and I are still staying busy modifying our Esprits (got the newest Motoconcept ECU upgrade again). I picked up a new 2003 BMW 325ci about 3 weeks ago, and am quite busy modifying that. The Elan always has a very special place in my heart. I'll take her out every weekend for a fun and energetic drive, wash it, polish it, and then put it back in to the garage just to admire. I just did get another new Magnaflow stainelss muffler again about 3 weeks ago. It's a larger oval shape muffler instead of my old round one. This helps to keep the car quieter and gives it a little needed back pressure to keep the exhaust from popping (The old muffler was too free flowing). Besides that, the car still drives extremely fast and performs great.<br><br>Bill Sun [smiley=sun_smiley.gif]
-
stiusa
- Newbie
-
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 18:28
- Location: Southern California
by F1 LOTUS » Wed 14.05.2003, 05:35
Talking to a friend over the weekend...apparently the 'Derelicts' has moved to the new development at Crystal Cove between Laguna Beach and Corona Del Mar, can any of you guys confirm this???
-

F1 LOTUS
- God
-
- Posts: 2199
- Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 18:17
- Location: SoCal, USA
by Doug » Wed 14.05.2003, 08:19
Wow, that's a great location if it moved there. Too bad they developed it though as it used to be natural California landscape--now it a bunch of multi-million$ pod houses crammed on the hill! <br>

<br><br>
-

Doug
- LEC Founder
-
- Posts: 7468
- Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 06:43
- Location: Oregon Coast, USA
-
by stiusa » Sun 18.05.2003, 04:55
I drove down PCH today towards Newport Coast and Crystal Cove trying to locate the new Derelict location. While I was waiting at a stop light, a McLaren F1 pulled up next to me. Naturally I followed it right in to the new Derelict in Crystal cove just passed Newport Coast on PCH before heading in to Laguna. It is located in a brand new strip mall on PCH right in front of Starbucks. The new Derelict is a much more high class car display. Besides the silver McLaren F1 that I followed there (boy, what a sight), there were various classic Ferraris from the early 1960 including a beautiful yellow Daytona, a MBZ 300SL Gullwing, a classic Jaguar race car, 4 BMW Z8, and naturally a lot of other classic as well as newer exotics. Lotus was represented there with a track car yellow Elise and a blue 1997 V8 Esprit. The misc. older clunkers and the motorcycles were no where to be seen. This is definitely a high class auto show off. I guess now all the rich people that live nearby can bring out there toys and collections to show. <br><br>Bill Sun [smiley=sun_smiley.gif]
-
stiusa
- Newbie
-
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 18:28
- Location: Southern California
by F1 LOTUS » Sun 18.05.2003, 16:55
Bill, sounds to me like there's going to be two 'Derelicts' gatherings, the traditional Hot Rodders / Muscle Car crowd and the 'toy collectors'???<br> The Crystal Cove setting is much nicer though, plenty of parking, over looking the Pacific Ocean, Starbucks!
-

F1 LOTUS
- God
-
- Posts: 2199
- Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 18:17
- Location: SoCal, USA
Return to Events - SoCal
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests