Spotted

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Re: Spotted

Postby gov » Fri 13.03.2020, 11:05

daveiow wrote:Hi Tony
That’s an interesting spot, there was a NMY one over here a few years ago. The owner was in LEC but I can’t remember his name, think he moved to the States. There’s definitely a Calypso Red SE in Brighstone, lady owner from new and well used and our illustrious ex leader of the Council has a white SE to go with the Morgan he inherited from his father in St Helens.
(Rumour has it there’s one in Wooton Bridge somewhere :shock: but less said about that the better!)
You are not alone...........
David


Hi David
Yes best not to mention the one in Wotton Bridge haha - I do remember Barry Snow mentioning about the lady owner of the red one in Brighstone who still uses it as a daily - Barry still looks after it for her ( or he did 8 years ago ! ) apparently it was in a bit of a state so whether or not it's still going I don't know .

Although I love red I have to say NMY looks good on the Elan :D

Hope you're still enjoying the Evora

Tony
gov
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri 27.06.2008, 16:39
Location: isle of wight

Re: Spotted

Postby Steve A » Sat 11.04.2020, 10:45

Because of the current situation we find ourselves in, this particular thread as you might think, will see very little activity, and quiet rightly so.
Because of this fact maybe we need to more imaginative in our approach.
So here goes:
Whilst queuing 2 meters apart at my local bakers this morning (for essential bread), I turned and noticed the man behind me.
Not only was he wearing a mask but also the Hethel anniversary T shirt ! :shock:
Obviously a conversation starter! :poke:
He has a 60's Elan which he has restored, but his friend in South Woodham has a Blue M100!
But then it was my turn to go in the shop, yes he'd saved the best bit til last and then it's nice to meet you and goodbye :roll:.
That's all I have, it's all a little bit tenuous I know but surely under the circumstances this would count ?
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
User avatar
Steve A
God
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue 18.09.2007, 12:44
Location: South East Essex

Re: Spotted

Postby B_land » Sat 11.04.2020, 16:33

Steve A wrote:Because of the current situation we find ourselves in, this particular thread as you might think, will see very little activity, and quiet rightly so.
Because of this fact maybe we need to more imaginative in our approach.
So here goes:
Whilst queuing 2 meters apart at my local bakers this morning (for essential bread), I turned and noticed the man behind me.
Not only was he wearing a mask but also the Hethel anniversary T shirt ! :shock:
Obviously a conversation starter! :poke:
He has a 60's Elan which he has restored, but his friend in South Woodham has a Blue M100!
But then it was my turn to go in the shop, yes he'd saved the best bit til last and then it's nice to meet you and goodbye :roll:.
That's all I have, it's all a little bit tenuous I know but surely under the circumstances this would count ?


Picking up on Steve’s tenuous sighting, spotted this one on my drive today:-D :roll: :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EG S2
User avatar
B_land
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun 24.03.2013, 22:04
Location: Derby

Re: Spotted

Postby B_land » Sat 11.04.2020, 16:34

Ands upside down on its roof :bananasex:
EG S2
User avatar
B_land
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun 24.03.2013, 22:04
Location: Derby

Re: Spotted

Postby rip » Sat 11.04.2020, 19:16

Steve A wrote:That's all I have, it's all a little bit tenuous I know but surely under the circumstances this would count ?

:agree:
& it is certainly good to hear you are ok. :smt023
1990 SE
User avatar
rip
God
 
Posts: 5905
Joined: Sun 08.04.2007, 07:48
Location: Milton Keynes, UK

Re: Spotted

Postby JusNoGood » Tue 28.04.2020, 19:34

I wouldnt risk posting this on usual fb or what have you.....

My father was diagnosed with a terminal illness on Friday last week (weeks not months to live). He's a great big car nut like I am. Only plus to the whole situation is it means I'm allowed out letting loose in the two cars to go see him and care for him. Took the Elan over the weekend down to Rustington (80 mile round trip). It was a lovely drive. Perfect Elan weather. Top down whizzing down the great fun a24 with my daughter in the passenger seat - my dad would love it. First thing he asks when I walk through the door is hows the lotus :D - didnt tell him the speedo stopped working driving over to him, started working again when I left :bonk:


P.S. it was fab driving again. It felt like going back 30 odd years when the roads were empty (by comparison)
User avatar
JusNoGood
Fanatic
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri 12.01.2018, 09:20
Location: Reigate, Surrey

Re: Spotted

Postby simonbuk » Sat 16.05.2020, 16:43

Red (very shiney) M100 in Orpington on the A224 heading towards the M25 at 4.40 pm today.
Black S2 No.357
Aqua Blue S2 No.385
Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
User avatar
simonbuk
God
 
Posts: 1601
Joined: Sun 13.03.2016, 12:50
Location: Mostly Worthing,West Sussex, sometimes the canals.......

Re: Spotted

Postby Jamie N » Mon 08.06.2020, 08:50

Pacific blue J***DYR on a driveway in Larbert yesterday, grey wheels and cream leather.
Monaco S2 #406

https://youtu.be/MGiyiIFjUew Rubbery stuff.
User avatar
Jamie N
Seal God
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed 21.12.2005, 18:49
Location: Sunny Fife.

Re: Spotted

Postby Rambo » Mon 08.06.2020, 09:12

Were you out in the "White Seal" Jamie ?
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: Spotted

Postby Jamie N » Mon 08.06.2020, 11:49

Rambo wrote:Were you out in the "White Seal" Jamie ?


Are you intimating that I may have driven more than 5 miles from home in contravention of lockdown rules?. :D
Monaco S2 #406

https://youtu.be/MGiyiIFjUew Rubbery stuff.
User avatar
Jamie N
Seal God
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed 21.12.2005, 18:49
Location: Sunny Fife.

Re: Spotted

Postby Steve A » Tue 09.06.2020, 18:24

A green one on the FORD estate Dagenham today about 1pm
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
User avatar
Steve A
God
 
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue 18.09.2007, 12:44
Location: South East Essex

Re: Spotted

Postby Rambo » Tue 09.06.2020, 20:02

Jamie N wrote:
Rambo wrote:Were you out in the "White Seal" Jamie ?


Are you intimating that I may have driven more than 5 miles from home in contravention of lockdown rules?. :D


What me Jamie ? I know you always listen to and respect what our glorious leader says :twisted:
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: Spotted

Postby Rice crispy » Thu 11.06.2020, 14:17

Red s2 near reigate let him into shell garage was in my daily a4
User avatar
Rice crispy
God
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Tue 16.06.2009, 11:48
Location: brentwood essex

Re: Spotted

Postby Jamie N » Sat 13.06.2020, 19:58

J9**CRS Blue one spotted Kirkcaldy promenade this morning, 2 unknown examples in one week :) .
Monaco S2 #406

https://youtu.be/MGiyiIFjUew Rubbery stuff.
User avatar
Jamie N
Seal God
 
Posts: 1254
Joined: Wed 21.12.2005, 18:49
Location: Sunny Fife.

Re: Spotted

Postby Fredjohn » Sat 27.06.2020, 15:03

Seen near Cirencester on Friday (26th)

CS Park.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec élan.

Elan SE turbo 1992
Emira 2023
Mercedes Benz C200 estate
Lotus Evija Danish edition
User avatar
Fredjohn
God
 
Posts: 2538
Joined: Tue 21.08.2012, 00:30
Location: Malvern, Worcs

Re: Spotted

Postby Saltire » Sat 27.06.2020, 17:46

Interesting - whereabouts, as a matter of interest? I didn’t know this existed just a few miles away :?
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2, BRG - Now sadly sold
Mrs Saltire’s 2021 Mini Countryman Cooper S
Mrs Saltire’s 2022 BMW i3S
User avatar
Saltire
God
 
Posts: 2457
Joined: Sun 05.04.2015, 22:27
Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Re: Spotted

Postby Fredjohn » Sat 27.06.2020, 18:05

Saltire wrote:Interesting - whereabouts, as a matter of interest? I didn’t know this existed just a few miles away :?


Thought you may be the first to comment!!

Cotswold Sculpture Park (aka Elemental Sculpture Park), just outside and north of Somerford Keynes. My wife's son has 5 exhibits there. Well worth a visit if you like sculpture. Quite a few exhibits are, or include, car parts, very cleverly done.
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec élan.

Elan SE turbo 1992
Emira 2023
Mercedes Benz C200 estate
Lotus Evija Danish edition
User avatar
Fredjohn
God
 
Posts: 2538
Joined: Tue 21.08.2012, 00:30
Location: Malvern, Worcs

Re: Spotted

Postby Rambo » Sat 27.06.2020, 19:04

I've heard the loonies at the local college are a bit "agricultural" when it comes to driving :wink:

I like it though. The benches and tables are also good. That's what I call recycling. Or is it upcycling or repurposing these days ?
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Re: Spotted

Postby Saltire » Sat 27.06.2020, 21:32

Rambo wrote:I've heard the loonies at the local college are a bit "agricultural" when it comes to driving :wink:

I like it though. The benches and tables are also good. That's what I call recycling. Or is it upcycling or repurposing these days ?

The dealer principal at the local VW franchise in Cirencester used to fund his Bentley on the proceeds of the written off GTIs from the Royal Agricultural University (as it now is).

That’s funny, John; we were driving back from the garden centre last week and passed a sign for the sculpture park. And Pauline said to me “we really must go . . .”
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2, BRG - Now sadly sold
Mrs Saltire’s 2021 Mini Countryman Cooper S
Mrs Saltire’s 2022 BMW i3S
User avatar
Saltire
God
 
Posts: 2457
Joined: Sun 05.04.2015, 22:27
Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Re: Spotted

Postby GeoffSmith » Sat 27.06.2020, 21:59

Saltire wrote:
Rambo wrote:I've heard the loonies at the local college are a bit "agricultural" when it comes to driving :wink:

I like it though. The benches and tables are also good. That's what I call recycling. Or is it upcycling or repurposing these days ?

The dealer principal at the local VW franchise in Cirencester used to fund his Bentley on the proceeds of the written off GTIs from the Royal Agricultural University (as it now is).

That’s funny, John; we were driving back from the garden centre last week and passed a sign for the sculpture park. And Pauline said to me “we really must go . . .”

I often passed the sign on the way to Sidington and thought…
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests