Fredjohn wrote:OK do we restart our monthly meets on Aug 16th?
We can sit at 2 3 4 5 or 6 different tables, wear masks and drink through straws!?
Comments of all sorts welcome to give us cheer after the last 3 months. At least the Elan is back on the road

I would love to put here some hilarious dad joke but I'm too young to produce them.
I'm not going for 2 reasons.
Most importantly I'm still self isolating in Durham.
Secondly I don't find the prospective of drinking from a straw and wearing a face mask as if I lived in China appealing at all.
The Elan is still on the road, lockdown provided some spare time to work on the car.
I'm proud to say my Elan now has front and rear parking cameras, as well as a beeping noise when the doors open with the sidelights on, a radiator fan override switch and the boot release mechanism is working.
The gas struts in the boot hold the lid open but are not strong enough to automatically raise it when opening, that still needs some work.
I also have fitted a set of seals from Jamie, but the end result is not up to standard, so I'm still in contact with him to ensure its all refitted correctly in future