JPS M100

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby Sy V » Mon 20.02.2006, 19:16

No mate, you did the hard work and worrying. I just helped a mate, in need, out.
The inspiration and drive was all yours and the evidence is here for all to see and admire.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Monty » Mon 20.02.2006, 19:27

Looking great MR P.P

For me this is the best photo :smt023

Image
Image
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Postby paza1 » Mon 20.02.2006, 20:36

I think you have achieved your aim, what a stunning, tasteful, unique Elan :!:
Silver 1992 SE Turbo.
paza1
Fanatic
 
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu 09.06.2005, 22:46
Location: Chester

Postby Enright » Mon 20.02.2006, 21:51

It's absolutely bloody gorgeous! :o

You'd better take an extra large chamois with you to Donington or it'll be covered in drool!!! :lol:

See if you can nick some of those Tensa-barriers from your local Barclays so that you've got a makeshift cordon to put round it.
And if you need a few "keep your grubby fingers OFF" signs laminating, give me a yell.
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England

Postby nitroman » Tue 21.02.2006, 01:39

Man, that car would soooooo never leave my garage in Atlanta! I'd have to get it at least 100-miles out of the city before traffic decreased enough for me to relax.
User avatar
nitroman
Moderator
 
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri 18.04.2003, 01:17
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Postby Matt RI » Wed 22.02.2006, 05:55

Stunning effort... Thanks for sharing!
I like traffic lights. But only when they're green...
User avatar
Matt RI
Fanatic
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri 10.12.2004, 04:42
Location: Rhode Island

Postby timmo » Tue 28.02.2006, 10:42

i have been deliberatley avoiding your thread Paul , as I didnt want to spoil the suprise . I just couldnt wait any longer and sod me mate - its BEAUTIFUL !!! Lotus would not done any better .

Well done .

Timmo
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
User avatar
timmo
God
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat 21.02.2004, 09:57
Location: Windsor

Postby Enright » Mon 03.04.2006, 21:56

Paul.P wrote:The company that made my decals are prepared to make the TURBO Elan ones in different colours, if anyones interested, i will bring samples to Dony


Paul, this is something that I meant to talk to you about at Dony but never got chance.
I'd quite like to get some aluminium silver "turbo elan" decals with a similar stripe.
Can you post prices/contact details?
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England

Postby Paul.P » Mon 03.04.2006, 22:10

Neil, the company who did them are called Magnum Offset Litho Ltd. Phone number :- 01572 723399, Fax :- 01572 724562, e-mail :- enquiries@magnum-biz.co.uk. Ask for Andy, he's the owner & guy who did them for me. He did give me some prices, but can't remember them now, think it was about £65 for 2 turbo elan decals, but he will tell you !
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby Paul.P » Mon 10.04.2006, 21:03

Neil, did you get any joy out of Magnum ?
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby Enright » Mon 10.04.2006, 21:37

Not tried them yet - been busy getting my other car and bike back on the road.
I was going to have a bash at Paintshopping a pic of mine first to get an idea of what it would look like. Once I've done it will post here to gauge opinion - if you don't mind my muscling in on your thread...?
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England

Postby Paul.P » Mon 10.04.2006, 21:53

No mate, you go for it, ive not got anything to post for a while anyway.
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby Enright » Tue 11.04.2006, 00:20

OK, here is a crude attempt - I had problems with Paintshop but you get the general idea.

Any feedback gratefully received - positive OR negative.

Question is, does it work?
Attachments
30032006(000)b.jpg
(the "elan" part would be hollow, and all including pinstripe would be aluminium silver)
30032006(000)b.jpg (32.64 KiB) Viewed 4972 times
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England

Postby Doug » Tue 11.04.2006, 00:29

sorry, but :smt017 negative here.

I wasn't too keen on Paul's until I saw it, and it think it works with the JPS deal and Lotus history, but otherwise I think it would do the car well to use a lot more modern stylized font !!!
Image
User avatar
Doug
LEC Founder
 
Posts: 7468
Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 06:43
Location: Oregon Coast, USA

Postby nitroman » Tue 11.04.2006, 06:08

User avatar
nitroman
Moderator
 
Posts: 3554
Joined: Fri 18.04.2003, 01:17
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Postby Paul.P » Tue 11.04.2006, 06:53

Not sure Neil, looks a bit bare sat there all on its own, you could try enlarging it, & having the T of the turbo level with the stripe ?
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby Doug » Tue 11.04.2006, 07:20

I keep thinking to point out that "Turbo Elan" is redundant, but then I remember Clemo and his clan of houdlams. We don't have N/As, so it is redundant here--in fact the Elise is the first N/A Lotus in the USA for a long time!!
Image
User avatar
Doug
LEC Founder
 
Posts: 7468
Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 06:43
Location: Oregon Coast, USA

Postby Enright » Tue 11.04.2006, 22:05

Hmm, fairy nuff - that's sort of what I suspected. For a commemorative salute to the past then it's fine, but it would be a bit too 70's/80's Esprit for mine.

Thanks for all your input guys, espicially you Doug - itchy trigger finger mate? Ah well, I suppose that demonstrates the priviledges of being an administrator!
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England


Postby Mike Y » Wed 12.04.2006, 10:36

Enright,

Heres a little idea I talked to Paul P. about I thought of buying a Midnight blue S2 and getting a set of ESSEX decals made, I supose pacific would work even better. The local decal guy to me can do them.

Regards Mike :)
1991 Red Elan SE (Been off the road for a few years) Esprit S3 1981
User avatar
Mike Y
God
 
Posts: 754
Joined: Fri 16.05.2003, 17:32
Location: North East England (Nr Newcastle)

PreviousNext

Return to Projects - Car (Major)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests