clan elan convoy

Post and Discuss UK-related one-off events here.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby Scott J » Wed 01.02.2006, 15:34

Sy V wrote:Could be time to call in my "tenuous" Jock ancestory. Kilt (al fresco) and LEC fleeces to the fore?


eh! spill the beans
User avatar
Scott J
The prodigal son
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Mon 15.12.2003, 17:47
Location: Westerton, Glasgow

Postby Sy V » Wed 01.02.2006, 16:20

Mother-in-law's a Macintosh.
I served 18 months at RAF Lossiemouth, and...

Oh never mair we'll walk thegither on a summer day,
He is lyin caul and still aneth the foreign clay,
I never will forget him, he's lyin far awa,
And nae mair he'll wear the tartan o the gallant Forty-Twa.
I never will forget him, though he be far awa!

I've seen the hairst o Rettie lads and twa-three on the throne,
I've heard o sax or sivven wiks the hairster's girn and groan,
But a covie, Wullie Rae, in a monthie and a day,
Gars a' the jolly Rettie blokes ging singin doon the brae.

Oh a monthie and a day my lads, the like wis nivver seen,
It beats the sticks the faister strips o Vickers new machine,
A Speedwell noo brings up the rear, and a Victory clears the way,
And twenty acres daily yields, nor stands tae Wullie Rae.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby stevo » Wed 01.02.2006, 19:15

:smt022 that was lovly mate. :cry:


my mate works in a kilt hire shop, i might get one for donny aslong as you guys don't mind me hogging all the beeatches. :ladysman:
arancio baby! thats italian for orange! i think?
User avatar
stevo
God
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 17:16
Location: Aboyne, royal deeside, scotland

Postby Sy V » Wed 01.02.2006, 21:40

Does he do XFB size? Some thieving bloody firm wants £350 to make a Lossie tartan one and 8 weeks min for production. I could knit 8 yds worth of kilt in that time!
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby theelanman » Thu 02.02.2006, 16:27

anyone planned anything yet???....
I know its still early...having said that its only about 6 weeks away now...
any thoughts on the route???

someone mentioned knutsford just wondered if it was still an idea.... but not if youre stopping in leeds.....

just wondered
cheers
g[/code][/url]
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Postby stevo » Thu 02.02.2006, 23:08

send me your dimentions by pm (promise i wont post them :lol: ) and i'll see what i can do.
arancio baby! thats italian for orange! i think?
User avatar
stevo
God
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 17:16
Location: Aboyne, royal deeside, scotland

Postby Rambo » Fri 03.02.2006, 09:03

I know I'm veering a bit "off thread" but what about a Clan McElan LEC tartan which contains all the colours of the M100 fleet ?? I think it could be a winner - well, with at least 10 - 12 of us anyway.

Freeeeeedommmm

Mark.

Naturally red would be the dominant colour and ChrisT would have to do all the co-ordination/design etc...!!!
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Postby stevo » Sat 25.02.2006, 15:27

so how many? furry boots? what time?
arancio baby! thats italian for orange! i think?
User avatar
stevo
God
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 17:16
Location: Aboyne, royal deeside, scotland

Postby John_W » Sat 25.02.2006, 17:18

stevo wrote:so how many? furry boots? what time?

Stevo,
Andrew and I will leave Aberdeen just after 8 and get to Abington services for 12.00 noon arrival, depart 12.30 hrs.

Grahame, will you be coming this year, or at least supplying bacon rolls at Kirtlebridge? If so, arrive 13.00 hrs, depart 13.45 hrs.

Do we need to stop at Killington Lake services? Last year we met jimp357 (and lost Farran) If so, arrive 15.00 hrs, depart 15.15 hrs

Do we need to stop Knutsford services? Last year we met Dico, Monty and Simon 51mon. If so, arrive 16.00 hrs, depart 16.15 hrs.

Arrive Donington 17.45 hrs.

According to ab2cv's Autoroute:
… Stevos to Abington services = 1 hr
… Abington services to Killington Lake services = 1 hr 45 mins
… Killington Lake services to Knutsford Granada services = 1 hr
… Knutsford Granada services to Castle Donington = 1 hr 30 mins


However last year the timing went to ratshit and we got to Donington about 7 as I recall, having seen some very nice roundabouts and other hotels. (This year I have satnav.)

Who's in for the convoy?
… John W
… Andrew Ennis
… Stevo

John 8)
User avatar
John_W
Heid-bummer
 
Posts: 3780
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 12:31
Location: Aberdeen

Postby stevo » Sat 25.02.2006, 18:06

john, theelanman has posted a route over some back roads from knutsford to donny. do you fancy it?

Route Map
arancio baby! thats italian for orange! i think?
User avatar
stevo
God
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 17:16
Location: Aboyne, royal deeside, scotland

Postby theelanman » Sat 25.02.2006, 21:05

if you lads are doing that route on the friday I'll take a day off..
and meet you and come over meet you and drive down....erm then drive home again.......its only 30-45 mins for me to donny so Im not stoping over
and if the wifes at work then it brews and bacon butties at ours.....
she hates it when I have days off to do car stuff so I only tell her about half of them!!!!.......I know I shouldnt but she works for a company who only give her 25 days off and when I have 50 off a year she starts getting a bit p!$$ed off about it all.....shhhhhhh!!!
lol
G
:-D
oh and being 'of irish decent I feel it only right to do nowt on paddy's day
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Postby John_W » Sun 26.02.2006, 00:15

Stevo, Elanman,
Yes, it looks like it would be a change. I've let Westonben know that we won't be going to Leeds.

I've looked the route over on a map and although it there are multiple opportunities for getting lost, I am sure we'll be OK with SatNav and mobile phones (if this is a year you'll have it switched on) and a bit of help from Elanman.

I've already plugged the route into the satnav.

So who else is coming? Last year we had 12 by the time we got to Donington (John W, Andrew Ennis, Stevo, Grahame, ab2cv, BigErch, Alan Boy Named Su, jimp357, Mark, Dico, Monty & 51mon; Farran having dropped out). Any more than 4 this year? Where's the Edinburgh/Glasgow lot?

John
User avatar
John_W
Heid-bummer
 
Posts: 3780
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 12:31
Location: Aberdeen

Postby theelanman » Sun 26.02.2006, 03:13

John
if you make it to knutsford I know the rest of the roads!!!
no problem...what sat nav????....
much more fun with a map!!!!
cheers
G
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Postby jimp357 » Sun 26.02.2006, 18:37

I'm in. Same as last year, Killington Lake then - 15:00 it is 8)
VORSICHT! Die Nordschleife ist gefährlich.
jimp357
Fanatic
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon 09.08.2004, 12:23
Location: Northeast

Postby Rambo » Sun 26.02.2006, 22:37

John_W wrote: there are multiple opportunities for getting lost


John - a word of advice. Don't follow Monty and Dico. I thought they knew where they were going last year and they thought I did and we ended up 3 abreast at a roundabout with not a friggin clue between us !!

John_W wrote:Where's the Edinburgh/Glasgow lot ?


Dont know about the others but I'm coming via Herfordshire - the land of bullshit and cider

Mark
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Postby BigErch » Mon 27.02.2006, 09:13

John_W wrote:So who else is coming? Last year we had 12 by the time we got to Donington (John W, Andrew Ennis, Stevo, Grahame, ab2cv, BigErch, Alan Boy Named Su, jimp357, Mark, Dico, Monty & 51mon; Farran having dropped out). Any more than 4 this year? Where's the Edinburgh/Glasgow lot?
John

I've been very busy lately so I've not been in the car since January :(
I'd still like to go to Donny but it'll be a last minute decision so I'll keep watching this thread to keep up to date. I've not heard from any of the other Edinburgh drivers recently.
Hopefully see u soon, Arch
User avatar
BigErch
Fanatic
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue 27.01.2004, 14:09
Location: North of Embra

Postby Dico » Mon 27.02.2006, 15:41

Rambo wrote:
John - a word of advice. Don't follow Monty and Dico. I thought they knew where they were going last year and they thought I did and we ended up 3 abreast at a roundabout with not a friggin clue between us !!



Yeah, avoid at all cost :-D
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby Rambo » Mon 27.02.2006, 16:47

theelanman wrote: she works for a company who only give her 25 days off and when I have 50 off a year


Gareth,

I'm no Maths genius but your Missus gets 25 days off and you get 50. So, put on a brave face and spend all 25 days with SWMBO, leaving you 25 full days for doing your car stuff. Sorted !!

You could even tell her how much you love her and buy her the occasional bunch of flowers. It works for me - but don't overdo it because they start getting suspicious !!

Mark
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Postby theelanman » Mon 27.02.2006, 23:07

mark
youre not far off the truth anyway!!!
was up in the north east 2 weeks ago with cars...
last friday at the NAC....mon tues weds this week pratting about with cars
le mans twice this year (a week each)
goodwood revival weekend
plus all the other stuff we have planned....
was going to go to spa for the F1 but might change that to the french gp instead.....still thinking
lol
g
:lol:
I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me, Superman.
User avatar
theelanman
Moderator
 
Posts: 7296
Joined: Fri 30.04.2004, 15:52
Location: peak district

Postby 51mon » Wed 01.03.2006, 15:26

Car should be back on the road this week so count me in from Knutsford.

Simon
User avatar
51mon
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue 09.11.2004, 00:45
Location: Cheshire

PreviousNext

Return to Events - U.K.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests