New Large Bore Exhaust by PECO for S1 Elans with no flat bit

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby chrisP » Wed 10.05.2006, 11:15

Cheers Geoff, I'm located in Hertfordshire Chris
User avatar
chrisP
Fanatic
 
Posts: 639
Joined: Fri 13.06.2003, 12:28
Location: Hertfordshire

Peco exaust

Postby nickb » Wed 10.05.2006, 11:37

thanks for all your effort Geoff, can you put me down as a standard tailpipe please.

Cheers Nick
User avatar
nickb
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed 27.04.2005, 10:27
Location: Essex

Postby Dico » Wed 10.05.2006, 21:27

Geoff, I have replied to your PM.

I may be back in the market for a Peco system, quite urgent though :?
Do we have a deadline?
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 10.05.2006, 22:17

... list moved to page 8
Last edited by GeoffSmith on Fri 19.05.2006, 20:12, edited 10 times in total.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby ab2cv » Wed 10.05.2006, 23:24

4, ab2cv, Edinburgh, No , Standard, No, Yes
User avatar
ab2cv
Fanatic
 
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed 30.06.2004, 18:30
Location: Edinburgh

Postby ailwyn » Tue 16.05.2006, 14:08

Is anyone in regular contact with David about this group buy? I was just wondering what the chances of getting some custom work done for the S2 - i.e. method of easily replacing the maincat for MOTs or the fitting of a high flow cat as part of the exhaust.

I realise this would add extra onto the cost, but this would fit in with my grand scheme to fit a stiffy instead of the pre-cat.

Ailwyn
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

New Large Bore Exhaust

Postby algirdas » Tue 16.05.2006, 14:19

Dear All:

Ailwyn's comment is equally applicable to me. I would prefer having Peco do those sorts of mods instead of leaving them to me and some three fingered exhaust fitter named Billy Bob.

Sincerely,

Algirdas
Noli illegitemi carborundum.
User avatar
algirdas
Moderator
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon 19.01.2004, 03:20
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Postby David » Tue 16.05.2006, 15:41

Hi all,

just to let you know we can do the M100 exhaust system for £250.00 with a minimum order of 10.

regards

Dave Jones,
Head of R & D,
PECO
David
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri 02.01.2004, 23:08

Peco Exhaust

Postby Lancelot » Tue 16.05.2006, 15:48

Yippee,now where's that Stiffy Stevo.
Cheers,
Woody
Lancelot
Newbie
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu 13.04.2006, 13:35
Location: Nottingham

Postby ailwyn » Tue 16.05.2006, 16:03

Dave,

Can you please review the previous posts and let us know if you'd be able to accomodate a high flow cat or an easy method of swapping out the stock cat?

Thanks

Ailwyn
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby Monty » Tue 16.05.2006, 16:15

David wrote:Hi all,

just to let you know we can do the M100 exhaust system for £250.00 with a minimum order of 10.

regards

Dave Jones,
Head of R & D,
PECO


:smt023

Now to get my stiffy fitted :-D
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Postby GeoffSmith » Tue 16.05.2006, 23:45

David wrote:we can do the M100 exhaust system for £250.00 with a minimum order of 10.


That is a very good price.

I had made contact with a national supplier (NOT Powerflow) but they could not get the price down this low. Also, they are franchised, which was going to cause problems in getting a consistent price structure. Some us might have ended up like Dico with an impressive diameter pipe hanging down to the ground!

Any more definites?
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby RatHead » Wed 17.05.2006, 14:51

I will have one at £250.
Standard and would like it fitting. I could do this Saturday if need be.
No rolling road though.
Geoff - I have sent you a PM.
RatHead
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon 12.09.2005, 20:29

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 17.05.2006, 21:07

Another question that has been raised is about the free fitting - it is only available if you go up to Peco in Birkenhead (Merseyside).

I believe that they have local agents or approved suppliers but there would undoubtedly be a charge for fitting as they are independant of Peco. Having said that, it may be better to get Peco's trusted suppliers to fit it rather than the (un)trained monkeys in other exhaust suppliers (eh Dico :wink: ). I will add it to the list of questions for David.

Geoff
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 17.05.2006, 21:42

Phew!

I think I've updated everything correctly but if I haven't, I apologise - there's been rather a lot of activity today. If you need anything changed, want to firm up or want to join the group buy, just let me know.

I'm off to the garage to try and sort out my MEMCAL issue before the new exhaust arrives.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 19.05.2006, 15:41

We now have 10 definites!
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby ailwyn » Fri 19.05.2006, 17:23

geoffsmith wrote:We now have 10 definites!


Great news. Any updates on the S2/Fed questions, also the fitting of stiffys?

Thanks

Ailwyn
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 19.05.2006, 17:32

Sorry, but no - David hasn't read my PM either. Tried ringing David this afternoon once I knew we had 10 but just got the answerphone. I'll try on the offchance tomorrow, otherwise Monday.

Geoff
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby ailwyn » Fri 19.05.2006, 17:36

Thanks for the update. I have my fingers crossed :)

A.
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

PreviousNext

Return to Exhaust

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests