New Large Bore Exhaust by PECO for S1 Elans with no flat bit

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Large Bore Peco Exhaust

Postby algirdas » Sun 28.05.2006, 22:54

Dear Geoff:

I will call Peco either Monday or Tuesday and place my deposit. Don't sweat the cat issues. If we develop a Stiffy II for A/C equipped cars, I will first try to the run the car without any cats and try for an emissions test. If it passes, then I hope you all will take this dirty little secret to your graves. If it flunks, I add a cat.

Since I was one of the original people to say "yea" to this project, I don't want to risk screwing things up for everyone else trying to resolve these cat issues.

Sincerely,

Algirdas
Noli illegitemi carborundum.
User avatar
algirdas
Moderator
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon 19.01.2004, 03:20
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Postby GeoffSmith » Sun 28.05.2006, 23:39

... list moved to page 10
Last edited by GeoffSmith on Tue 30.05.2006, 22:03, edited 3 times in total.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby GeoffSmith » Mon 29.05.2006, 00:10

Sorry it's taken so long to update but I've been a bit busy.

We should now have the 10 firm orders/deposits by Tuesday to make it all work - once the last 4 deposits are made, we should be able to get systems for £250. I will see how long he is prepared to keep the offer gong for in case we get any stragglers. Dave has obviously been let down by other groups before, so it's good that we have kept to our collective word - well done all. Thanks also for the support and encouragement for me - it hasn't been easy at times!

Algirdas, your offer to pay a deposit is much appreciated, especially as it was for the good of the group. A noble gesture indeed. :bowdown: I hope we're now in a position with Peco where we can take things a bit further for you however. I think we can talk seriously to Dave about the development of a cat system for S2's and Feds (Ailwyn, Algirdas and Lancelot) without affecting the group buy.

Ailwyn has already contacted Dave about cats, so if I get confirmation of all deposits paid on Tuesday, I'll take it up with Dave and see what can be done. I'm hopeful that he will be interested as it would benefit Peco too (they already do highflow cats and de-cat pipes for the Elise at £245 and £30). If anyone has any thoughts, please let us know.

Geoff
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby markrnorton » Mon 29.05.2006, 08:42

geoffsmith wrote:Mark,

Have you got an end on photo to compare with mine? As I said, mine appears to have to hang very slightly to the left to avoid the box fouling the bumper.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Geoff


this is the only end on photo i have at the moment. mine hangs straight. was a bit of a bugger to fit, very tight underneath but it doesnt foul or knock anywhere.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Quality counts
User avatar
markrnorton
Newbie
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun 23.04.2006, 19:42
Location: ESSEX

Postby Rambo » Mon 29.05.2006, 17:54

And Mark's seems to stick out further than yours Geoff - or is that my imagination. Will be phoning PECO Dave tomorrow

Mark
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

large Bore Peco Exhaust

Postby algirdas » Mon 29.05.2006, 18:01

Dear Geoff:

Called Peco Dave today in order to give him a deposit, but only got their message machine. I'll try again in the morning.

Sincerely,

Algirdas
Noli illegitemi carborundum.
User avatar
algirdas
Moderator
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon 19.01.2004, 03:20
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Postby GeoffSmith » Mon 29.05.2006, 18:24

Sorry Algirdas, I should have pointed out that we Brits have had a day off today! :P
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

new Large Bore Exhaust

Postby algirdas » Mon 29.05.2006, 18:38

Dear Geoff:

So do we-Memorial Day-but I'm working nevertheless. When you work for yourself, you are employed by a total tyrant.

Sincerely,

Algirdas
Noli illegitemi carborundum.
User avatar
algirdas
Moderator
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon 19.01.2004, 03:20
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Postby GeoffSmith » Mon 29.05.2006, 18:54

Sarah (nurse) has just pointed out :smt021 that she's working today too.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby GeoffSmith » Mon 29.05.2006, 19:11

Rambo wrote:And Mark's seems to stick out further than yours Geoff


In his dreams! Mind you none of us hang as low as Dico.
I've had a look at mine from the same angle as Mark's photo and it looks pretty similar.

Sorry Mark, almost missed you there - been away again? I'll update the list.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

exhaust

Postby discovery » Tue 30.05.2006, 08:49

Placing my order today with Peco (Tues)
discovery
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri 16.07.2004, 08:13
Location: Leeds ,West Yorks

Postby Rambo » Tue 30.05.2006, 10:37

Just phoned David Jones at PECO and placed my order. Firm orders now up to 8 I think.

Mark
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Postby Monty » Tue 30.05.2006, 10:57

Just got of the phone to Dave and placed a nice deposit :-D Wonder if we can get the full 10 ASAP so i can get it fitted this week. :?

ps does that make me number 9 then?
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

exhaust

Postby discovery » Tue 30.05.2006, 11:46

My order confirmed
discovery
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Fri 16.07.2004, 08:13
Location: Leeds ,West Yorks

Postby GeoffSmith » Tue 30.05.2006, 13:16

Looks like we're up to 9.

NickB has e-mailed me as he's just back from holiday so I'll fill him in. Hopefully, there will be one more over lunchtime and Monty can be the first to get one at the bargain price of £250! :-D

Geoff
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

peco

Postby nickb » Tue 30.05.2006, 13:59

Geoff, just got of the to Dave at Peco, number 10 bought and paid for.

£250 +10.75delv.

A big thanks to Geoff and all involved in getting us such a great deal.

Thanks

Nick

All I need to do is find somebody to fit it!
User avatar
nickb
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed 27.04.2005, 10:27
Location: Essex

New large Bore Exhaust

Postby algirdas » Tue 30.05.2006, 16:57

Dear Geoff:

Just got off the phone with David at PECO. Order placed and deposit paid.

Thanks again for all your time and energy on this.

Sincerely,

Algirdas
Noli illegitemi carborundum.
User avatar
algirdas
Moderator
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Mon 19.01.2004, 03:20
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Re: peco

Postby Monty » Tue 30.05.2006, 17:20

nickb wrote:Geoff, just got of the to Dave at Peco, number 10 bought and paid for.

£250 +10.75delv.

A big thanks to Geoff and all involved in getting us such a great deal.

Thanks

Nick

All I need to do is find somebody to fit it!


Thought the price included the delivery :?

Anyways rang Dave early to arrange fitting and he said he`ll ring me back once he`s checked the stock. Hopefully he`ll ring me tomo`s.
User avatar
Monty
Chunder King!
 
Posts: 7977
Joined: Sun 11.01.2004, 22:32
Location: Leeds

Postby Dovey » Tue 30.05.2006, 19:53

Typical. Go away for a weekend and everything happens :roll: . Still, well done Geoff for getting things moving. I will endeavour to get up early and pay tommorow.
Never buy anything that was built on a Friday
User avatar
Dovey
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 12:26
Location: Lincoln

PreviousNext

Return to Exhaust

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron