Spotted

Post here if your topic fits no other thread in this category.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby timmo » Fri 02.06.2006, 17:39

ok and onother one steps up to the plate to see his offering getting totally ignored

Wednesday 31 May 2006 - NMY SE in Westbourne Park Road London W2 Reg "8 MOE"

Cue Jim saying its not me!!
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
User avatar
timmo
God
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat 21.02.2004, 09:57
Location: Windsor

Postby muley » Fri 02.06.2006, 21:33

timmo wrote:ok and onother one steps up to the plate to see his offering getting totally ignored

Wednesday 31 May 2006 - NMY SE in Westbourne Park Road London W2 Reg "8 MOE"

Cue Jim saying its not me!!


Oddly enough,















it wasn't me! :-D

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Postby John_W » Fri 02.06.2006, 21:45

timmo wrote:Cue Jim saying its not me!!

Well, actually it's me replying this time, and not to say it wasn't me (although it wasn't - nice number plate by the way).

No, I just want to apologise to you Timmo for the negativity in my reply to your previous post. Particularly following Muley's Churchillian words of inspiration.

It was just a cheap shot for a quick effect and it has been bothering me for days. I feel diminished. Anyway, I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, your Timmoness, but I hope that this post in some way encourages you to persevere in your hopeless and pointless quest.

John

Edit to say: well that's great, that is! Here's me trying to carefully pick the right words to bare my soul, and Muley comes in with his usual quick "it wasn't me" while I'm typing.
User avatar
John_W
Heid-bummer
 
Posts: 3780
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 12:31
Location: Aberdeen

Postby chris.t » Sun 04.06.2006, 13:43

red travelling south on B2133 (billingshurst) performed tricky wave whilst doing a reverse camber right hand bend.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Postby timmo » Sun 04.06.2006, 19:02

John_W wrote: but I hope that this post in some way encourages you to persevere in your hopeless and pointless quest.


Ta John
I feel like I am on a brave journey of discovery. I know why Magellan and all the other discoverer types did it now...I will continue on my voyage with the one reason for doing it ......because its there and I can.
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
User avatar
timmo
God
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat 21.02.2004, 09:57
Location: Windsor

Postby muley » Mon 05.06.2006, 00:00

Timmo,

It's uncanny. How can you go around spotting M100 Elans, posting their details on here and NEVER getting anyone to say ' its' me'?

I am fast coming to the conclusion that you live in some sort of parallel universe which is exactly like the one WE live in, except that it doesn't have an LEC forum.

You must admit it's all a bit strange...:smt090

Keep it up anyway.

Jim B
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Postby timmo » Mon 05.06.2006, 08:02

Actually Jim that has worried me as well.

I have given it much thought and come to the following conclusion.

Most of my spots are in central london. This is obviously some kind of bermuda triangle as far as LEC'ers go. I will henceforth consider it my crusade to bring the LEC to these owners and will be flyering each car as I see them.

Bit like the flyering minging cars get on Barry Boys
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
User avatar
timmo
God
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat 21.02.2004, 09:57
Location: Windsor

Postby Sy V » Mon 05.06.2006, 08:40

Calypso Red SE at Marlbrook on the A38, southbound Sat morning.
B17 BOY.
Last edited by Sy V on Mon 05.06.2006, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby muley » Mon 05.06.2006, 09:48

timmo wrote:.... I will henceforth consider it my crusade to bring the LEC to these owners and will be flyering each car as I see them....



Timmo,

Good idea.

:)

Take care

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Postby Siegreen » Tue 06.06.2006, 21:01

Azure blue S2 on the A46 from Newark M100 ***, i think was an S2 I was in a hire car going the other way didnt spot till the last minute.
I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Azure Blue S2 No. 452
User avatar
Siegreen
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue 06.09.2005, 19:14
Location: Gods country, Yorks

Postby timmo » Tue 06.06.2006, 21:13

If it was azure blue you are guaranteed it was an S2.
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
User avatar
timmo
God
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat 21.02.2004, 09:57
Location: Windsor

Postby Russc » Tue 06.06.2006, 21:44

Blue s2 going clockwise on the m25 around junction 3, 5.50 tonight. I was going in the opposite direction and in my everyday car so didn`t bother to try and say hello.

Looked as if they were enjoying the top down though :)
User avatar
Russc
Fanatic
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu 02.03.2006, 14:51
Location: North/Kent SE/London

Postby HGRACER » Wed 07.06.2006, 15:11

Yellow Elan hood down driving on the A82 towards Glasgow looked nice :D
HGRACER
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu 09.03.2006, 12:01
Location: Glasgow

Postby Dico » Wed 07.06.2006, 16:06

White M1 juction 12 north yesterday morning.

If the owner replies to this i'll eat my exhaust!
4+ hours stuck in a damp bucket seat with a mad Irishman at the wheel - Deep joy!!!!
User avatar
Dico
Fool Boy Four - Founder
 
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon 01.12.2003, 09:45
Location: Moderator Manchester

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 07.06.2006, 17:37

Dico wrote:If the owner replies to this i'll eat my exhaust!

Which one is that? The fat droopy one, Monty's old one or the new one? :P
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby Specky » Wed 07.06.2006, 19:24

Dico wrote:White M1 juction 12 north yesterday morning.

If the owner replies to this i'll eat my exhaust!

















Oh I Soooooo wish it was me.... :-D
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
User avatar
Specky
Moderator
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
Location: Swindon

Postby Dave Eds » Thu 08.06.2006, 08:32

Probably doing a Timmo here but..................


Pacific Blue prefix NRX northbound M11 at Harlow 7.45am today.
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

Postby Sy V » Thu 08.06.2006, 12:01

Not an Elan but...

Yesterday afternoon in Powick (in the depths of Worcestershire), BRG Lotus Type 11, with very excited and animated (at seeing anothe BRG Lotus) elderly gentleman at the wheel.

Got to be my best and least expected ever Lotus spot!
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby John_W » Thu 08.06.2006, 12:19

I got one - in Aberdeen (and it wasn't me or Andrew).

Silver SE on Crown St at Ferryhill at 8am today on way to work. Lovely day, my hood was down as usual, other car's was up. I gave it a wave.

Driver had long blonde hair; not you Timmo?

John
User avatar
John_W
Heid-bummer
 
Posts: 3780
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 12:31
Location: Aberdeen

Postby Dave Eds » Thu 08.06.2006, 19:59

2nd one today :shock:

Red with aftermarket wheels (17"?) westbound off of Redbridge roundabout towards Walthamstow on A406 at 6.60pm tonight.

A silver/blue metallic E type behind you as well!

Both top down :D
Spud

'92 NM SE, '10 Evora NA now gone '90 Calypso SE now sold '62 Wolseley 1500


Spud's Cotswold Holiday Cottage for hire - LEC discount available
User avatar
Dave Eds
Moderator
 
Posts: 5136
Joined: Thu 05.01.2006, 22:59
Location: Wadesmill, Herts or Mickleton, Gloucs or somewhere else

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests