SOUTHERN AREA - Hen & Chicken, Alton. 2nd Wednesday of Month

Exactly that - A section for UK regular regional Elan (M100) social gatherings (for one-off events please look in Events - UK section)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby markv » Tue 31.10.2006, 10:10

Not yet sure when/if I can get there tomorrow... :(
Regards

Mark/.
User avatar
markv
God
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun 28.05.2006, 15:57
Location: Nottingham, UK

Postby Nige » Tue 31.10.2006, 15:38

That time of the month again! I plan on being there, subject to unforseen hitches.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Postby Lotusnick » Tue 31.10.2006, 19:34

I'm gonna, gonna gonna really gonna...........Oh I might be allowed out......... :roll:
User avatar
Lotusnick
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri 05.08.2005, 22:22
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.

Postby rjbean » Tue 31.10.2006, 22:43

chris.t wrote:SHOULD BE THERE TO DRUM UP SUPPORT FOR THE XMAS LUNCH :evil:


We'll be there, may even tell chris where the CAPS LOCK button is :-D
User avatar
rjbean
Fanatic
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun 18.04.2004, 08:41
Location: West Sussex

Postby Lotusnick » Thu 02.11.2006, 00:30

Rob S, I was flashing you to tell you some thing, not to make you go faster........you NUMPTY.........your near side brake light ain't working......Some one tell him!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Lotusnick
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri 05.08.2005, 22:22
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.

Postby Specky » Thu 02.11.2006, 00:49

Got back with no dramas... :D

Cheers all...

Thanks for the loan of the torch, Thanks for all the numerous offers of bottles for water and thanks for finding evidence of a leak..

Temperature stayed just below 1/4 for the whole journey...

I'll check the water level tomorrow... first bloomin frost of the year... :shock:

See you all next year



TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
User avatar
Specky
Moderator
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
Location: Swindon

Postby chris.t » Thu 02.11.2006, 01:04

glad u got back ok- was a bit worried. Take care in Iraq - you'd better be getting well payed
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Postby muley » Thu 02.11.2006, 09:24

Good turnout last night - 11 Elaners in our party and 7 Elans in the car park - we outnumbered the locals.

Chris drummed up more support for the Xmas Lunch.

Sorry to hear about Nick's woes - hopefully the car will be OK.

Please to hear Dave got back OK - there was an impressive amount of coolant on the car park. Our thoughts are with you during your Iraq trip - take care...

I wondered why the (now common as muck) Azure S2s set off at warp speed - now we know!

Oddly enough I was overtaken by a lighter coloured SE Elan on the way home, and it wasn't one of 'ours'

Keep 'em shiny side up.

Till next time


Jim

(kitty stands at £27.50 - I have it)
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Postby Lotusnick » Thu 02.11.2006, 10:21

muley wrote:I wondered why the (now common as muck) Azure S2s set off at warp speed - now we know!





HUH?? confused Farnborough!!
User avatar
Lotusnick
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri 05.08.2005, 22:22
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire.

Postby muley » Thu 02.11.2006, 11:28

Lotusnick wrote:
muley wrote:I wondered why the (now common as muck) Azure S2s set off at warp speed - now we know!





HUH?? confused Farnborough!!


Sorry, I thought your Elan and Rob S's Elan were azure blue - and I couldn't keep up with either of you ..

pip pip

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Postby Nige » Thu 02.11.2006, 11:52

Glad you got back ok Dave, all the best the the next few months, keep your head down!
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Postby Specky » Thu 02.11.2006, 21:30

Dave_Speck wrote:Got back with no dramas... :D

Cheers all...

Thanks for the loan of the torch, Thanks for all the numerous offers of bottles for water and thanks for finding evidence of a leak..

Temperature stayed just below 1/4 for the whole journey...

I'll check the water level tomorrow... first bloomin frost of the year... :shock:



The story unfolds... see Here

TTFN
If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The N/A-Team.
User avatar
Specky
Moderator
 
Posts: 5982
Joined: Sun 07.09.2003, 23:19
Location: Swindon

Postby muley » Mon 20.11.2006, 09:27

So the December 6th meeting will be at the Royal Oak.

..the venue for the Xmas lunch. See Southern area Xmas Lunch thread.

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Postby stevieshag » Tue 21.11.2006, 13:50

OK i am definately off work for the 6th so will be at he ROYAL OAK. unless of course we hear differently..
oh summer!! the time to go topless...


black lotus elan se (kermit)
Mitsibushi outlander
suzuki gsx 750 W (Gonzo)
stevieshag
God
 
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat 10.07.2004, 23:30
Location: stonehenge

Postby chris.t » Sun 03.12.2006, 10:49

Head for the PH

Royal Oak

Editted cos i got the wrong map doh
Last edited by chris.t on Mon 04.12.2006, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Postby Nige » Mon 04.12.2006, 18:00

Using the Postcode Stevie posted in the Xmas lunch thread (GU34 3DJ) and an address of Lower Faringdon rather than Lasham I come up with a different location for the Royal Oak?

Here

Help! Where are we going, well, which Royal Oak are we going to at least?
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Postby chris.t » Mon 04.12.2006, 19:35

Yes quite right Nige - glad you're paying attention

have amended post accordingly
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Postby Nige » Mon 04.12.2006, 21:09

I'd have worked it out after a few hours in the pub with all my mates :D
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

Postby muley » Tue 05.12.2006, 19:38

Nige wrote:Using the Postcode Stevie posted in the Xmas lunch thread (GU34 3DJ) and an address of Lower Faringdon rather than Lasham I come up with a different location for the Royal Oak?




Same thing happened to me, I didn't mention it in case people thought I was going mad.

See you at the Royal Oak in LASHAM tomorrow.

Cheers

Jim

p.s. Stevie, I'll have some bits for blasting and coating with me...

Tks
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Postby Nige » Tue 05.12.2006, 19:52

Lasham it is, tomorrow and Sunday.
Back in Blighty
User avatar
Nige
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 3030
Joined: Thu 10.07.2003, 19:04
Location: Dorset and Surrey

PreviousNext

Return to UK Regional Elan Meetings (Regular)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest