lotus parts fair 12th november

Post and Discuss UK-related one-off events here.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby dapinky » Sun 12.11.2006, 19:02

Just got home from Stoneleigh, managed to catch some people we needed to, but unfortunately missed some others :oops: because we were a bit later than we originally hoped to be.

Special thanks to Sy for hanging on a bit for us, and Will B for eventually answering his phone and then pointing us in the right diection to find Algirdas.

Don't know what happened to Paul P, one minute his car was there, then it was gone, so we missed each other, as such, there is a PM for Paul & Dico.

Not sure what to make of the day, but at least I got to put some faces to names, and have a natter with some people (not to mention seeing how our cars should look)

As for a summer meet, I'm sure it's something we'll go for (as long as i get enough notice to make sure i'm not working)
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby Gary » Sun 12.11.2006, 19:11

I thought Stoneleigh was a bit better than normal actually, but the parts have always been either for older cars or Elises. I thought the LEC turnout was a bit low this year though. I mean some people didn't even bring there Elan(s) :roll:

Agree a SUMMER meet would be a good idea
Ex owner of S2 no 480 and Red SE
User avatar
Gary
God
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu 14.07.2005, 18:04
Location: Rutland

Postby timmo » Sun 12.11.2006, 19:28

thats not a hump backed bridge its a sodding ski jump!!
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
User avatar
timmo
God
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat 21.02.2004, 09:57
Location: Windsor

Postby Stef » Sun 12.11.2006, 19:52

Good to meet some of you again!

Cheers for the bits Algirdas.

Sorry I set off fairly early, stuff to do and no cash in my wallet.

Summer meet would be sweet. Archies place looks totally fab. Will deffo hve to invade his privacy at some point.

I'd offer my humble abode to meet for summer but although I could probably park up 6 cars OK my place isn't that big and I'm sh1t at catering (far too lazy). However, I could put people up if chosen venue was near by.

As for organising you East Mids lot, I shall set a new thread for you to disagree about ideas in! :D
Men are like a fine wine.
They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the sh * t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
User avatar
Stef
TVR/PistonHeads Ambassador
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Fri 01.08.2003, 14:23
Location: Northamptonshire

Postby Paul.P » Sun 12.11.2006, 20:12

Looks really nice John, but wonder if somewhere a bit more central would attract lot more people. How about trying to pick an area that most would come to, then see what venue's are available ?. Thought if we sorted this now, people could book it in there diaries ?
JPS M100 was built from bare chassis up to create one off M100 in the mould of JPS Team Lotus
Paul.P
God
 
Posts: 4970
Joined: Sun 14.12.2003, 18:18
Location: Oakham, Rutland

Postby chris.t » Sun 12.11.2006, 21:17

paul perhaps start another thread for this
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Postby John_W » Sun 12.11.2006, 22:06

dapinky wrote:Just got home from Stoneleigh, ...
Not sure what to make of the day, but at least I got to put some faces to names, and have a natter with some people (not to mention seeing how our cars should look)

Sounds like somebody needs to attend Donington.
John :-D :-D :-D
User avatar
John_W
Heid-bummer
 
Posts: 3780
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 12:31
Location: Aberdeen

Postby dapinky » Sun 12.11.2006, 22:09

Would love to attend Donington, but as we are off to Tunisia on that Sunday, might not be able to make it.....Hence the support for a Summer meet :lol:
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby 51mon » Sun 12.11.2006, 22:12

Just got back back from Stonleigh, didn't get there until after lunch so missed most of the usual faces.

Was meant to meet up with Albert who had the stainless sill plates and cam cover for but missed him. Does anyone know if he is still in the UK and if possible able to put me in touch with him?
User avatar
51mon
Enthusiast
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue 09.11.2004, 00:45
Location: Cheshire

Postby Sy V » Mon 13.11.2006, 06:33

Albert's mate told me that they are due to leave the UK on Tuesday. I don't have a number for them, but I think they posted it in their thread.

Here it is: 00491631850169
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby Rambo » Mon 13.11.2006, 07:51

John_W wrote:
chris.t wrote:I think that there is the seed of a good idea there Paul. In the summer, somewhre we can have bbq - i'm up for that

Here's where we're all going next summer:
http://www.gairnshiellodge.co.uk/

Archie's place should have enough room for a barbie and a tent or two. Best hump-back bridge I've ever seen. (The weather will be better than this.) Followed by my place if anybody wants; plenty of camping space and firewood.

John


John,

Perhaps the Clan MacElan should arrange a trip in early Spring and burn a few of BigErch's logs ??!!

I'm hoping to be up before Xmas on my next trip to the bothy. I'll ask Archie for some dates and costs for those wanting to stay indoors. I know you like your little luxuries these days John !!

Mark
User avatar
Rambo
Don't push me
 
Posts: 9144
Joined: Wed 24.12.2003, 00:37
Location: Both sides of the Tweed

Postby John_W » Mon 13.11.2006, 09:32

Rambo wrote:Perhaps the Clan MacElan should arrange a trip in early Spring and burn a few of BigErch's logs ??!!

I'll ask Archie for some dates and costs for those wanting to stay indoors. I know you like your little luxuries these days John !!

Mark,
Excellent proposal.
John
PS: I don't count a roof and a bed as luxuries.
User avatar
John_W
Heid-bummer
 
Posts: 3780
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 12:31
Location: Aberdeen

Postby Sy V » Mon 13.11.2006, 10:56

So, there I was hanging around in the car park at jct 15 of the m40, when Mike Kimberley's son arrived and parked his 200 mile from new Europa alongside Stripey.

Apologies for the shite images - blame the phone camera.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby chris.t » Mon 13.11.2006, 11:57

sorry to say this Mr Kimberley but Sy's Elan with HT looks better IMO 8)
Could the 'Hokey-Cokey' actually be what it's all about?
User avatar
chris.t
God
 
Posts: 3671
Joined: Mon 11.07.2005, 09:56
Location: Storrington, West Sussex

Postby muley » Mon 13.11.2006, 12:34

chris.t wrote:sorry to say this Mr Kimberley but Sy's Elan with HT looks better IMO 8)


...and a gazillion times easier to get in and out of! :wink:

Jim
LEC Turbo Nutter
1991 Aqua Blue Elan / 2010 Mazda 2 Tamura / 2013 Ford Fiesta (NZ(
muley
Moderator
 
Posts: 4523
Joined: Tue 22.04.2003, 09:07
Location: Wokingham, Berks and Waikanae Beach

Postby Scott J » Mon 13.11.2006, 12:52

Stripy wins hands down.

:lol:
User avatar
Scott J
The prodigal son
 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Mon 15.12.2003, 17:47
Location: Westerton, Glasgow

Postby Enright » Mon 13.11.2006, 13:22

Sy, you obviously spoke to him to know it was Mike Kimberley's son, so what did he have to say? Any comments on the Elan?

Also, did anyone find anything good at Stoneleigh? I didn't - thought it was pretty cr@p really. :(
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
User avatar
Enright
Modificator
 
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun 19.12.2004, 19:21
Location: Arnold, Nottingham, England

Postby Sy V » Mon 13.11.2006, 13:37

Yes, I chatted with him for a while - I think we've met before, but can't remember where/when - he introduces himslef as Kimbers. I think he's big in Esprit circles. Nice bloke, really genuine.
He was very complimentary about Stripey and thought that the hardtop was magnificent. He was equally complimentary about the Accord (Gail and Dan were sat in it to keep warm), told me all about how good the diesel engine was and that I had the 17" alloys, blah blah - then he comes out and says he works for Honda!

Considering who he is, he wasn't too complimentary about the Europa though:

That dark area on the front (almost called it a bonnet then) is wire mesh, under which sits the radiator and twin fans - horizontally. I commented on the fact that the radiator is going to tarnish with age and look pretty tatty through the grill - his major concern was that he found that whilst driving in traffic (I'm assumimng with the temperature up), as water droplets worked their way up the nose of the car, they then drop through the grill on to the fans and get flicked up on to the windscreen - "bloody annoying", were his words.
Image

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace, sounds caress my ears but not a word I heard could I relay, the story was quite clear - Robert Plant

In Respectful Memory - 21st March 1959 - 14th February 2016
User avatar
Sy V
LEC Godfather
 
Posts: 5794
Joined: Mon 21.04.2003, 07:06
Location: Lydiate Ash, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Postby F1 LOTUS » Mon 13.11.2006, 22:09

Actually, the Europa doesn't look too shabby in those pic's :?
Acker's birdcage looks much sharper though 8)
User avatar
F1 LOTUS
God
 
Posts: 2199
Joined: Thu 17.04.2003, 18:17
Location: SoCal, USA

Postby GeoffSmith » Mon 13.11.2006, 23:20

F1 LOTUS wrote:Acker's birdcage looks much sharper though 8)


Pfffffffhhhhhhhhaaaaaahhh! How do you get crumbs out of a keyboard?
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

PreviousNext

Return to Events - U.K.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest