south west (bristol) meetings

Post and Discuss UK-related one-off events here.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Postby ailwyn » Wed 06.12.2006, 09:09

As for venue, there is a small pub about a mile from J19 (Portishead/Gordano Services) called the The Rudgleigh Inn. It's on the A369 towards Bristol from the M5.

Never been in there but it does have a fair sized car park and easy to find.

Any takers?

Ailwyn
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby dapinky » Wed 06.12.2006, 10:13

At least one (ME), maybe 2 (she's got the throat infection thats going round and has lost her voice :banana: )

7:00 pm is good, the venue is good (but the beer/cider is better at the kings head just round the corner in Easton-in-Gordano!)
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby paulwatkins » Wed 06.12.2006, 11:44

Both venues ok by me....I'll let you seasoned beer drinkers fight it out!
User avatar
paulwatkins
God
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: Thu 13.04.2006, 08:54
Location: WsM, UK

Postby surfboardfiller » Wed 06.12.2006, 12:13

dapinky wrote:At least one (ME), maybe 2 (she's got the throat infection thats going round and has lost her voice :banana: )

7:00 pm is good, the venue is good (but the beer/cider is better at the kings head just round the corner in Easton-in-Gordano!)


Both would be fine for me if the car park is fine for my elan. :-D
User avatar
surfboardfiller
God
 
Posts: 2857
Joined: Sat 22.10.2005, 14:08
Location: Somerset - England

Postby ailwyn » Wed 06.12.2006, 12:27

I'm not bothered either way, just need somewhere with decent parking.

I don't know the area, I just happen to drive to a client via the A369.

Ailwyn
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby GeoffSmith » Wed 06.12.2006, 14:08

I suggest we go with Dave's recommendation - King's Arms, 12 St. Georges Hill, Easton-in-Gordano, BS20 0PS.
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby ailwyn » Wed 06.12.2006, 14:12

geoffsmith wrote:I suggest we go with Dave's recommendation - King's Arms, 12 St. Georges Hill, Easton-in-Gordano, BS20 0PS.


You da boss!

A.
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby paulwatkins » Wed 06.12.2006, 14:21

Directions for Kings Arms

Directions
User avatar
paulwatkins
God
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: Thu 13.04.2006, 08:54
Location: WsM, UK

Postby dapinky » Wed 06.12.2006, 19:35

Arms.....Head.......?

It's all the same after the Thatchers cloudy apple juice starts flowing :)

Its got 2 car parks, one at the front, one at the back, both secure(?)

Never had a crime reported from there in the last 24 years!!!!!

You cant miss the pub...... if you go into E-I-G from the first turning up A369 from J19, about 1/4 mile, round a sharp left-hand bend, 100 yards on your left.

Lounge bar (posh) or Public bar (common) ?

I've never used the lounge!
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby GeoffSmith » Thu 07.12.2006, 22:57

Things to remember to bring:

Geoff - Dave's interface and Ailwyn's kit (do you need the loan of a fine soldering iron A?)
Dave - Geoff's waterpump

Geoff
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby ailwyn » Fri 08.12.2006, 01:07

geoffsmith wrote:Ailwyn's kit (do you need the loan of a fine soldering iron A?)


Geoff,

Thanks for the offer, no doubt your soldering iron is indeed fine, however as I am likely to balls it up anyway I'll stick with my crappy old one. :D

Seriously, I need new tips for mine, so I'll make sure I pick up the finest one Maplin can supply.

Thanks

Ailwyn
ailwyn
Forum Member
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Tue 09.08.2005, 20:45

Postby mrsdapinky » Fri 08.12.2006, 14:33

HEE HEE I found a way to unlock the chains from around my ankles that seem to keep appearing when ever I am near the kitchen sink :roll: .........so Cinders shall be able to go the ball after all.....but ALAS!.....am i to be the only girly :smt061 at the meeting?

If so can i bring my ironing? :smt081
No matter what he says ..I am right!!
User avatar
mrsdapinky
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri 20.10.2006, 16:41
Location: weston-super-mud

Postby GeoffSmith » Fri 08.12.2006, 22:54

Well dapinky you've really done it now! :evil:

These LEC get-togethers are meant to be for Elan owners to get together and natter about the important things in life i.e. Elans. You've completely destroyed any chance of Monday being an enjoyable evening by allowing the other half the opportunity to come along and intersperse the conversation with marital problems and items of a domestic nature. I mean, isn't there a need for some babysitting or some trivial domestic activity like cleaning the oven that could be done?

Personally, I am considering not coming and I would imagine the rest of the crew will feel likewise. Please reconsider what you have done and do whatever you can to make it an Elan drivers only night.
If do you insist on letting him come, then please make him park the Dolly in the rear carpark away from the Elans! :twisted:

Geoff
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby paulwatkins » Sat 09.12.2006, 09:22

Hey Geoff, I think thats fantastic news! I've got a pile of ironing that needs doing! Think I'll hire a transit and bring it with me :-D

Plus, we'll need someone to go back and fore to the bar for us!
User avatar
paulwatkins
God
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: Thu 13.04.2006, 08:54
Location: WsM, UK

Postby dapinky » Sat 09.12.2006, 19:04

Good news! (Bad for me, if she reads this)

Because of a change of work commitments, Angie will stay at home :(

You'll have to leave the ironing at home and go to the bar yourself :( :(

A last minute change of information at work means that I've got to go down to the south coast (Can't tell you where, it's a secret!) on Monday evening.

We have to start at stupid-o'clock on Tuesday, so the Government are shelling out on a hotel for us :cheers: :beer:

Due to that, I'm still going to attend, but will have to bow out before I would normally choose to do so, to get to the hotel in time for a quick 'last order'.

Angie will stay at home pining for me and doing chores :-D :-D
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby mrsdapinky » Sat 09.12.2006, 21:00

Yes this is true boys.......sorry no ironing and no running to the bar for you.......He's off on a jolly, says it's work but I am not so sure.


And Geoff :twisted: when you see Dave ask him who owns the Elan if he says it's his he's lying.........the handsome brute is mine :evil: . So I would have every right to turn up to a meeting of Elan lovers and talk about how much I love it with the rest of you!!............just for that little comment you made I shall make him bring the yellow shed and park it next to your car! :chair:

Cheers from a very upset Angie :smt022



No matter what he says ..I am right!!
User avatar
mrsdapinky
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri 20.10.2006, 16:41
Location: weston-super-mud

Postby GeoffSmith » Sat 09.12.2006, 21:42

:smt117 :smt019 :smt043

Gotcha!

If you'd have read the tiny bit at the end of my post, you'd have seen it read "If do you insist on letting him come, then please make him park the Dolly in the rear carpark away from the Elans!"

Geoff

PS Sorry you can't come. Neither can Sarah as I've sent her off to work Monday night!
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

Postby dapinky » Sat 09.12.2006, 22:15

I'd like to bring the Dolly, but as I'm off down south, I'll have to use a company car (It won't have stripes and blue lights!)

Besides, at 11 miles to the gallon, it's not the most economical mode of transport :cry:
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10613
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby mrsdapinky » Sat 09.12.2006, 22:21

Sorry Geoff........your tiny bit was a bit tooo tiny for me :lol:

Will send Dave as my representitive.........he talks a load of gibberish and thinks he knows it all so good luck and have fun!!!!!! :drunk:

Angie xx :smt061
No matter what he says ..I am right!!
User avatar
mrsdapinky
Tinkerer
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri 20.10.2006, 16:41
Location: weston-super-mud

Postby GeoffSmith » Mon 11.12.2006, 11:23

mrsdapinky wrote:Sorry Geoff........your tiny bit was a bit tooo tiny for me

Funny, that's what all the girls say. :smt090 :smt089 :smt088
Calypso Red S2 #417

USB ElanScan interfaces - £60 incl. UK P&P & £65 incl. ROW P&P
User avatar
GeoffSmith
Kitty Fiddler
 
Posts: 15628
Joined: Fri 03.02.2006, 21:57
Location: S2#417 in Tytherington, Gloucestershire

PreviousNext

Return to Events - U.K.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest