Steering Wheel Help Required

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

Re: Steering Wheel Help Required

Postby basher » Mon 09.08.2021, 22:15

Thank you, will do.
basher
Enthusiast

Postby dapinky » Tue 10.08.2021, 01:35

Please bear in mind when talking about bosses/adapters etc - the FED cars use a different spline on the steering column to the UK cars (due to the column being compliant with airbags and stuff in USA)

The FED column will take an Esprit wheel directly, but the UK one doesn't as the top splines are different between the 2.......

...... it may make a difference when you try to get an 'off the shelf' adapter/boss -make sure it fits your column!
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby basher » Thu 12.08.2021, 21:05

Imagesteering wheel in by Michael Baldwin, on Flickr

Im a bit chuffed with this. Worth the aggro.
I like the old wheel but it needs a good clean as it was getting sticky and I love the look of the new with the red of the car.
Thanks for all the help, I wasn't aware you get all these bits.
basher
Enthusiast

Postby Rocklobster » Tue 17.08.2021, 16:46

Well done, it looks good. I found the original wheel to be just too big. As you say, it's worth all the agro in the end.
Pete

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Rocklobster
Tinkerer

Previous

Return to Chassis & Steering