Hi All,
I'm refreshing my suspension on the '91 Elan. I purchased all of the parts from SWLC which I had shipped over to the US.
Getting the old bushings off was a nightmare that took two weekends of my life I'll never get back. I'm over that hurdle now BUT in trying to fit the lower ball joint I'm finding the new ball joint seems to be bigger than the hole in the lower arm.
I know it's an interference fit, but in measuring I'm getting 43.4mm for the ball joint and the hole is about 41mm. This seems more than just putting it in the shop press. Anyone run into this problem?
This was the ball joint. https://shop.swlcperformance.com/produc ... joint-copy (not the URL says upper, but the page is actually for the lower). I've tried both that I purchased and similar problem.
I've got the ball joint in the freezer at the moment but 2+mm seems like a lot.
Thoughts?
