1991 Pacific Blue SE - Nottm area (SOLD)

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

Re: 1991 Pacific Blue SE - Nottm area (SOLD)

Postby Enright » Sun 27.08.2017, 20:45

Bit of a bump, as this car is just about to be advertised on eBay.
It has a fairly fresh ticket (from the last day of May), and a newly replaced windscreen.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lotus-Elan-M1 ... 2841064447
Striking fear into the hearts of duplicate posts everywhere...! :P

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
Enright
Modificator

Re: 1991 Pacific Blue SE - Nottm area

Postby simonbuk » Sun 03.09.2017, 21:31

Well it made good money !!
Simon - Black S2. Simonthesailor

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So buy an Elan" - Mark Twain.
simonbuk
God

Location: Orpington, Kent, sometimes Worthing, West Sussex, currently East Anglian Rivers.......

Postby Enright » Mon 04.09.2017, 10:06

Yes it did, but the advert was very honest about the condition of the car, and drew attention to the things that need attention. The winning bidder has been in contact and had looked at this thread from the link in the ad, so knew exactly what to expect. I just need to give it a clean and make sure the paperwork is ready before he comes to collect it on Thursday. It will be a relief to have a bit more space around the neighbourhood - I've been relying on the goodwill of the locals for far too long.

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
Enright
Modificator

Postby clemo » Mon 04.09.2017, 20:44

Was keenly watching this as I have the red se going on at the weekend. Was good to see 3 bidders in the running all with good feedback.what does that put you down to 2 elan's now Neil?
Jim Clark S2 - 1/12. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby Enright » Wed 06.09.2017, 11:45

clemo wrote:Was keenly watching this as I have the red se going on at the weekend. Was good to see 3 bidders in the running all with good feedback.what does that put you down to 2 elan's now Neil?

It should do, yes Dave. Not wanting to count any chickens but deposit received and the winner is due to come and collect tomorrow. So as the car has "suffered" from such little use recently I want to double-check everything to ensure that it doesn't do anything silly and embarrass me on the day.

It's good that this thread pretty much went full circle and served as its own advertisement - I posted a link to it in the eBay ad and the winner read through the progress, so can have confidence in what he's getting. For the moment I'm going to lock it just until the sale has gone through, then if he wants he can pick it up again with the next chapter.

BCingU,
Neil ;-)
Enright
Modificator

Previous

Return to SOLD Cars