Replacement Shift Cable Kit for ALL versions

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

Re: Replacement Shift Cable Kit for ALL versions

Postby Willie Miller » Wed 28.12.2016, 17:15

Forgot to post and say thanks... Short Shift and cables were ace, much sharper change of gear ....
Thanks again
Willie Miller

Postby Brit-Car-Nut » Wed 28.12.2016, 17:18

Happy that you like them. Have a good New Year!
Please contact me via eMail, not by PM
Brit-Car-Nut
God

Postby B_land » Fri 21.07.2017, 12:11

Had the cables including short shift for a while, now fitted, great upgrade no sloppiness and quicker changes. Should have fitted these earlier. Recommended.
Thanks BCN
EG S2
B_land
Enthusiast

Postby ecb056 » Wed 21.04.2021, 15:18

Retirement Sale:
You may want to consider acquiring one of the last sets of Shift Cables with the Short-Shift kits manufactured by BCN.
I have a set and I enjoy the quick-crisp gear changes whether I’m competing, enjoying the switchbacks of WV or at the corners of Hell, MI.
BCN has over 1,200 additional new and used parts in stock for the M100 available and his health is now pushing him to retire. When he does, this value-added M100 source may soon be unobtainium. Contact the [url=mailto:Parts@lotusm100.com?subject=Retirement%20Sale]Parts Director[/url] at LotusM100.com.
The BCN Cables were easy to install and the directions supplied were simple to understand. My kit has performed flawlessly since 2015. I have always found BCN to be knowledgeable, helpful, responsive and fair priced as he has a personal love for the M100, and when he moves onto his next adventure will be sorely missed. Cheers!
Eddy B
ecb056

Postby M100-NC » Sun 05.12.2021, 15:53

I am John C. and I used to be Brit-Car-Nut here on LEC.

I am back on LEC but have a new ID.

I developed the Heavy Duty Replacement shift cable kit and have been supplying them for the last 9 years.

To read the basic history, view this link: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=22461&hilit=shift+cables&start=240#p283014

I also include a "Short-Shift" adapter kit based on Dave H's project from years ago (with full approval from Dave).
Dave actually sent me his drawings so I could have a starting point for the project.

Anyway, I have 4 sets of cables and short-shift kits available right now and unless there is a suddent request for more, these might be my last kits.

I have the components to make a lot more kits but the cables are expensive and I can't justify spending a lot of money just to have cables sitting on the bench.

The Current Price WITH Postage is:
$615.00 + $50.00 Shipping is $665.00 for US Cables and Short-Shift Kit
$615.00 + $90.00 Shipping is $705.00 for UK/Europe Cables and Short-Shift Kit

Shipping prices are estimates.
Once I have your real address, I will adjust the shipping price to be accurate for your location.
Sometimes a bit less and sometimes a bit more... Shipping is expensive these days.

Payment expected via PayPal (Friends & Family Option)

If anyone is interested in one of the four sets I have, contact me to make a purchase.

If there is more of a demand beyond the four kits I have right now, I will gladly order more cables on an "as required" basis.

I would like to offer a heart felt Thank You to everyone that has supported this project.
I am in the US and have a LARGE collection of M100 parts available for sale, both new and used.
M100-NC

Postby TorqueHorse » Wed 22.12.2021, 16:19

Welcome back John!
Sounds good; email sent :burnout:
'90 FED M100 -mid resto
Chassis Exterior FrSus RrSus Engine Trans Wheels Steering Brakes Cooling Fuel Ventilation Exhaust Interior
TorqueHorse
Fanatic

Postby M100-NC » Wed 22.12.2021, 22:57

Thanks Matt.
I am in the US and have a LARGE collection of M100 parts available for sale, both new and used.
M100-NC

Postby Fredjohn » Wed 22.12.2021, 23:21

Welcome back John. Hope your health is keeping up in these strange times.
La vie passe vite: vivez la avec elan(s).

Elan S4 DHC 1969
Elan SE turbo 1992
Evora 2010
MB E250 CDi coupe 2013
Boardman Endurance SLR 9.4 disc 2018
Rapido 746 2010
Fredjohn
God

Postby daveiow » Fri 24.12.2021, 20:51

Hi John
Good to see you back on the forum and that you are well.
My Elan went back to her previous custodian 2years ago and I went to an Evora just in time for COVID to disrupt most of my planned trips!
If anyone reading this is contemplating upgrading their cables DO NOT DELAY! With the short shift, apart from transforming the shift action they take away the lingering worry of cable failure and are very well made.
Along with the PNM brakes they are by far the best upgrade available for the Elan (in my humble opinion)
David
"live long and prosper"
Calypso Red 91se. Hispecs,PNM rear calipers,Samco's & BCN cables & SSK so far!(oh and a new hood and paint) sold
Evora n/a
Alfa Sud 1.5ti long gone!
daveiow
Fanatic

Postby M100-NC » Sat 25.12.2021, 13:50

Thank you VERY MUCH David for your descripton and endorsement. Merry Christmas!

Please have a safe and Happy New Year.
M100-NC

Postby M100-NC » Sat 25.12.2021, 20:22

Fredjohn wrote:Welcome back John. Hope your health is keeping up in these strange times.

Happy Christmas FJ.

My health is almost always a day by day adventure, but I am still up and around and staying in as much trouble as I can find.

Thanks for asking.

I hope everyone on LEC is staying healthy and nobody is seriously "under the weather"

I hope everyone has a really great New Year!
M100-NC

Postby HJ2 » Tue 11.01.2022, 11:01

Weclome back SCM! (as in: Shift Cable man) 8)
If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got
HJ2
Wodan - God of the Low Lands

Postby M100-NC » Sat 05.03.2022, 19:36

I am still offering my shift cable and short-shift kits for $595.00 + shipping cost.

To quote shipping costs, I will need your address so I can "shop" for a decent shipping price.

I also have enough extra parts to make a few "custom" short-shift kits, so I will consider putting together a few short shift kits for the stock SE cables (although I need to warn everyone that the short shift kit works because I move the pivots around and that puts more strain on the cables).

I don't want to be responsible if someone installs a modified kit and while heavy shifting, one of the cables break.

The S2 and A-B cables are a bit stronger and are less likely to fail, but that was one of the reasons Bob B. (and then myself) chose to use the heavy duty push-pull cables.

Please email me if you have any questions: john-c@carolina.rr.com and I will respond as quickly as I can.
Since my network got hit by a lightning surge, my earlier email addresses won't work until I figure out how to correct an SSL error

Any requests for the modified short-shift kits will need to identify which cables you are now using so I can change out the connectors to match the cables you have.

I have some used original SE cables as well as a set of used A-B cables to test with so I can make sure the modified short-shift kits will work on your car.

The S2 version cables are very much like the A-B cables.

Once again, Thank you all for your support.
M100-NC

Previous

Return to Elan Products for Sale (New Products for Sale)