newbie question

Read here for help with getting started on postings.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

newbie question

Postby kbee » Wed 28.04.2021, 19:13

Tomorrow I am having my M100 S2 delivered , would like to start with an upgrade of brakes , anyone with a recommendation would be much appreciated cheers in anticipation
kbee

Re: newbie question

Postby MPx » Wed 28.04.2021, 20:13

Well that's a brave move on first delivery. May be worth getting used to the car for a few miles and seeing if there's anything else needs sorting before turning to upgrades. But if upgrades is what you want to do...brakes are an ideal place to start. There are several well trodden paths, but I'd suggest getting a kit from PNM.

Pete's front kits are based on Hispec products. He also does a rear Golf based caliper kit which means the handbrake will actually work. You'll need to do a bit more reading (or wait for a more knowledgeable person to happen along) as its not quite as simple as bolting on a disc and new caliper - you'll need a special spacer mounting piece too. Unless its purely a track weapon, then no need to get the biggest disc/most pots that you can find. Also try to keep the front rear balance roughly similar to std to avoid handling issues on the limit - be particularly wary of over braking the rear end.

Best of luck
Mike - MPx
95 M100 Elan S2 (423)
86 Turbo Esprit
but no longer Carlton no 808 nor Sunbeam S1 :(
MPx
Fanatic

Return to New User Help with Postings and Extras