ECU / Memcal

Read here for help with getting started on postings.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

ECU / Memcal

Postby Rat18 » Tue 12.07.2022, 12:02

After having trouble with a no start situation I was very kindly pointed in the right direction by Rambo who suggested various ideas as to the problems. I have now located the fault to either the Memcal or the ECU itself, as my car is the none turbo version I borrowed an ECU from a turbo version and it fired up (badly) so does anyone know of a repair shop who can make the necessary repairs?
Rat18

Re: ECU / Memcal

Postby dapinky » Tue 12.07.2022, 12:40

First, it is important to realise that the ECU in the NA is quite basic, when compared to that in the Turbo cars - there is far less "management" needed for the NA engine.

I can't guarantee it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the ECU in the NA was an "off the shelf" part used in other cars - but I may well be wrong.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Return to New User Help with Postings and Extras