Listen up you 'orrible lot

Read about the latest happenings on our site!

Moderators: dapinky, clemo

Listen up you 'orrible lot

Postby Admin » Mon 31.05.2021, 15:30

There has been a lot of moaning and wailing and knashing of teeth for as long as I can remember whenever LEC has not worked quite as well as you'd expect it to work. Just yesterday, someone who is old enough to remember the days before the interwibble and a learned friend were complaining over on the dark side about not being able to post or log in. Well, I pleased to announce that the mysterious Controller of LEC Information Technology, the man/woman who does not appreciate acronyms, has found an issue that caused these recent and possibly older problems.

For those who are interested and understand the incoherent rambling of a softie, the session table resides in RAM rather than on disc to improve speed. There are only a few thousand rows available, but as this exceeds the number of cars registered in the UK, it's probably a good strategy. The problem occurs when webspiders from untraceable IP addresses go crawling around the site and initiate a new session every branch they take. The sessions table soon fills and genuine users cannot maintain their sessions. If they have ticked [ ]Log me on automatically each visit they are effectively logged into a new session every time they navigate around the site and the site appears to be very slow and posting is sometimes not possible. Several IP addresses have been banned and now the Controller of LEC Information knows which buttons to press, (s)he'll be pressing them at every opportunity.

Have fun, enjoy the sun, stay safe and bollocks to spiders.
Admin
LEC Corporate Admin

Re: Listen up you 'orrible lot

Postby TorqueHorse » Mon 31.05.2021, 16:25

Thanks! :bowdown:

Lots of Trouble, Usually Spiders
'90 FED M100 -mid resto
Chassis Exterior FrSus RrSus Engine Trans Wheels Steering Brakes Cooling Fuel Ventilation Exhaust Interior
TorqueHorse
Fanatic

Postby TrevorB » Mon 31.05.2021, 16:31

Admin wrote: Just yesterday, someone who is old enough to remember the days before the interwibble and a learned friend were complaining over on the dark side about not being able to post or log in. .

I'll answer this in a way I know best:

dah ditditditdit ditdah dahdit dahditdah dayditdahdah dahdahdah ditditdah

:lol: :cheers:

Trevor
Silk Red SE Turbo
Short shift conversion with BB aluminium cables
HiSpec's
Piper Exhaust
TrevorB
Wannabe Princess

Postby Saltire » Mon 31.05.2021, 17:32

Thank you Mr Admin sir! My nautical friend and I are deeply grateful :bowdown:
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2020 Volvo XC40 T4 AWD
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Postby Admin » Mon 31.05.2021, 18:06

Trevor: dahdah dahditdahdah ditdahdahdit ditdahditdit dit ditdah ditditdit ditditdah ditdahdit dit :-D
Admin
LEC Corporate Admin

Postby dapinky » Mon 31.05.2021, 18:31

TB.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby TrevorB » Mon 31.05.2021, 19:22

Admin wrote:Trevor: dahdah dahditdahdah ditdahdahdit ditdahditdit dit ditdah ditditdit ditditdah ditdahdit dit :-D

:bowdown: :smt098

dapinky wrote:
TB.png

I'm a sparker :wtf: :D
Silk Red SE Turbo
Short shift conversion with BB aluminium cables
HiSpec's
Piper Exhaust
TrevorB
Wannabe Princess

Postby Peter D » Tue 01.06.2021, 13:45

Thx for your time and solution!
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.
Peter D
Enthusiast

Return to News