Any appetite for upgrading this forum?

Post your cries for help about using this forum. Please do not use this section for Elan-related problems.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

Any appetite for upgrading this forum?

Postby Pompeydave » Sat 21.08.2021, 10:26

Would there be any appetite for upgrading this forum to one where it is easy to post photos? It feels so archaic having to host a photo on another site just to get it posted on here. A quick bit of research seems to indicate that there are numerous free forums out there that allow direct uploads from a phone, pc, Mac etc. Vanilla is a free one with good user community support. Opinions?
Pompeydave

Re: Any appetite for upgrading this forum?

Postby Vaughnc » Sat 21.08.2021, 12:29

Do you ask because you can't easily show a photo in a post?
If so then you might have fallen into the same trap as me. In my earlier posts I though you had to use the IMG or URL link in the tool bar to add a link to a photo hosted elsewhere. So I didn't. I thought that was the only way to post a photo. HOWEVER turns out there is an Upload Attachment tab at the bottom of the post page. This allows you to select an image from your device that is directly uploaded.
Hope this helps.
S2 #750 Calypso Red, SAAB 9-5 2.8l XWD, SAAB 93 Aero Convertible; Previously a series of SAABs and a TVR V8S (an even more temperamental fibre glass car!)
Vaughnc

Re: Any appetite for upgrading this forum?

Postby Pompeydave » Sat 21.08.2021, 12:46

Ok thanks for that. Yes that’s the main bugbear for me. Unfortunately my iPhone just says ‘100% downloaded’ but it doesn’t populate this page or otherwise allow you to upload it.
Pompeydave

Return to Forum (not Elan!) Questions/Problems