F1 formula one chat/stuff

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

Re: F1 formula one chat/stuff

Postby Rambo » Mon 29.03.2021, 15:11

Totally agree Phil. Unfortunately it's like most things in life. One rule for them and a different rule for us :? They do seem to pander to Sir Lewis a bit too much imo :?
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby lotusflasherman » Mon 29.03.2021, 23:37

Rambo wrote:Totally agree Phil. Unfortunately it's like most things in life. One rule for them and a different rule for us :? They do seem to pander to Sir Lewis a bit too much imo :?

Don't think so ... he's been on the receiving end of some strange or arbitary decisions sometimes... seemed to depend on whether the 'expert ex-driver' had driven for Ferrari or not .. :burnout:

What doesn't help the drivers is different rules for different circuits ... and this weekend different rules between quali' and the race on the same flippin' circuit !

In the Mini the Thruxton chicane was usually considered optional, sometimes the Clerk of the Course warned of penalties if you jumped it, sometimes they didn't..

I see nothing has changed ... :lol: :lol:

Phil

Leave me alone, I think I know what I'm doing.
Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Collapso SE, Elan+2S.... and now an Evora
lotusflasherman
God

Location: Hadleigh, 15m west of Ipswich or 800 miles south (Cap d'Agde)

Postby lotusflasherman » Tue 30.03.2021, 00:26

Question is 'How long will it take Niki Amazingspin to work through the $20 million that Daddy has donated to Haas to keep them solvent and buy a seat for his nasty brat ?"
Phil

Cars: Subaru Forester 2.5XTN, Eclat Riviera, brace of Pacific Blue SE's, Collapso SE, Elan+2S.... and now an Evora
lotusflasherman
God

Postby Saltire » Tue 30.03.2021, 07:57

lotusflasherman wrote:Question is 'How long will it take Niki Amazingspin to work through the $20 million that Daddy has donated to Haas to keep them solvent and buy a seat for his nasty brat ?"

Given the damage he did on Sunday, I’d say Marzipan has until Monaco . . .
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2020 Volvo XC40 T4 AWD
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Postby Rambo » Tue 30.03.2021, 08:46

I instantly thought of Marzipan too
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby sideways » Tue 30.03.2021, 17:06

Saltire wrote:
lotusflasherman wrote:Question is 'How long will it take Niki Amazingspin to work through the $20 million that Daddy has donated to Haas to keep them solvent and buy a seat for his nasty brat ?"

Given the damage he did on Sunday, I’d say Marzipan has until Monaco . . .

Will last longer if wrapped tightly and kept in a cool dry place.
sideways at speed
Delta BC Canada
sideways
Enthusiast

Postby clemo » Wed 31.03.2021, 19:42

As Hass are doing no development , yes thats right , nothing to develop the car , they may save cash by Marzipan not crashing by being so slow and the 107% rule being envoked.
Is part of the Marzipan buy out rule for 2022 that Hass becomes so bad by running it into the ground in 2021. Thus making the thug look slightly better in 2022. ( if the FIA let him get that far)

I have become a Perez fan over the years , so i was ecstatic when he got picked up by Red Bull. But wow did he / they make hard work of it . Top 4 throughout friday / saturday practice and then goes wide in Quali . The to balls it up car failure . But boy did he drive the wheels of it . Pit lane to 5th ... Thats the reason he was 4th in drivers world championship and now sits in that car... Albon could not have delivered that.

The sister car is looking pretty handy too. Gastly putting in an awesome quali . And Tsunoda, great new rookie. George did another sterling Mr Saturday.

Glad to see Lando do another quality season starter . It won't be long before D>R is up there .. Could be a difficulty in the making ....

Track limits was a complete balls up . If there was a wall there then its a no go area , of the track should be policed as the same.

A decent season starter . I hope it stays close all season.
Jim Clark S2 - 1/12. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby Rambo » Sun 18.04.2021, 21:33

What an exciting race at Imola today. If only all F1 races were as good :?

Brilliant drive from Hamilton after his mistake to get 2nd position. I still can't take to him but he is a very good driver :burnout:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Steve A » Sun 18.04.2021, 22:49

Rambo wrote:What an exciting race at Imola today. If only all F1 races were as good :?

Brilliant drive from Hamilton after his mistake to get 2nd position. I still can't take to him but he is a very good driver :burnout:

He did do well to come back, but without the red flag he wouldn't have done quite so well.
I'm loving the F1 fly on the wall series on netflix.
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Postby Rusty Wishbone » Mon 19.04.2021, 00:12

Amazing bravery from drivers throughout the race. George Russell's commitment to overtaking Bottas was incredible (even though it didn't come off). I'll stick to racing 2CVs at speeds which don't terrify me.
Rusty Wishbone
Fanatic

Postby clemo » Mon 26.04.2021, 19:11

Was a interesting race for sure. It all got a bit messy didn't it.
As a Perez fan i was disappointed , he wasn't right after Qualifying. Very negative , Anyway ...
I think George over reacted to a situation that he ( with more experience) could have avoided. I do agree with George that Bottas my have done the move mainly because it was a williams. Bottas was way out of place and he only has himself to blame , George was way out of place and has his talent to blame for that . Bottas would have had egg on his face if George would have pulled one on him. Lewis can fall in Sh@t and come out smelling of roses . He really does have the luck when others do not ... But does he make his own luck?
Jim Clark S2 - 1/12. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby Rambo » Mon 26.04.2021, 21:18

Hamilton is a great driver but probably also has the best car. Just. Other, equally good drivers are snapping at his rear end now. I think the days of Hamilton leading a pack of fast drivers from start to finish is probably just about over now

Great driver but I still can't take to him :?
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Rambo » Tue 27.04.2021, 10:55

This will hopefully make F1 more exciting ?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... atSjx.html

Well, it worked with 20/20 cricket
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby clemo » Sat 22.05.2021, 23:56

Monaco procession ahoy , But not so old charlie boy cocked it up for all those on a flying lap behind him .
Hope it rains , at least Mazipain might make it interesting ....
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby Rambo » Sun 23.05.2021, 10:33

I suspect we will see lots of action and probably lots of safety and virtual safety cars. Otherwise I will be asleep by lap 3

Are there any overtaking points at Monaco ? Or is it all about pit strategy ?
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Saltire » Sun 23.05.2021, 11:08

Rambo wrote:Are there any overtaking points at Monaco ? Or is it all about pit strategy ?

Overtaking has been seen in the past. The problem nowadays is that:
    1. It’s a very narrow track
    2. Today’s F1 cars are pretty big compared with older ones (see below)
    3. The aerodynamic aids make it hard to follow without compromising the tyres

01D607B9-345A-457A-9123-AA2DEB45954F.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jonathan

1995 Elan S2 no 512, BRG/magnolia, last of 4 UK S2 to this spec
2020 Volvo XC40 T4 AWD
Saltire
God

Location: Left foot in Wiltshire, right foot in Gloucestershire, heart in Scotland

Postby clemo » Mon 07.06.2021, 19:19

Well after the complete sore fest that is Monaco , fast forward to Azerbjian , Azerbjean , Azer Baku.
Was an absolute calamity from free practice on Friday onwards .In both F2 and F1. Fantastic. As a Perez fan it was a hard race for me But very pleased for the outcome . The one i tend to feel a bit sorry for is Bottas . They totally threw him under the bus .Out you go with no toe , oh and we will split the strategy , you can have the crap set up . the one that we have tried and tested in practice and know it does not work. trailing at the back just in front of our George (again)

Gastley showed himself to be a class act again. A great re start ding dong with leclerc , Tsnoda showed himself to be a stroppy little git again. As mentioned in the chat . He has spent some time in the simulator this week as he thought he could compete on his talent alone .. not to be sunshine , and if you keep swearing and shouting at your boss and engineer then you wont be long/ liked to much in this game.

Surprise podium was multi 21 Seb. He did a good job to get that on the podium for sure.

Oh and Lando making up 2 places and inheriting 1 of the re start was a good reward for a flat weekend.

All in all i was happy with the podium , Max and Lewis cancelled out each other by not scoring , so its championship still level.

More races like this one please.
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby lotusflasherman » Mon 07.06.2021, 21:02

clemo wrote:The one i tend to feel a bit sorry for is Bottas ... . Out you go with no toe ...

What, they chopped them off? How does he 'heel and toe" ? :lol: :lol:

I feel sorry for Botas when 'pundits' talk about "No points in two races" as if the seized wheel in Monaco when he was in second place was his fault ... Yeah, let's all kick him when he's down .. Was great to see Seb has still got the racer in him, and old man Kimi did some good moves too.
Phil

lotusflasherman
God

Postby Rambo » Tue 08.06.2021, 07:29

Best move of the day for me was when Hamilton got far too cocky and big for his boots at the restart with only a few laps to go :burnout: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Weren't those high speed Pirelli blow outs frightening and rather worrying :shock: I remember ~7 years ago Pirelli also had problems with high speed blowouts at Silverstone. From memory there were 5 or 6 in the whole race. Not a good advert for the brand

And not a good time to put those Pirelli boots back on the Ebola Phil :poke:
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby lotusflasherman » Tue 08.06.2021, 15:15

Rambo wrote:Best move of the day for me was when Hamilton got far too cocky and big for his boots at the restart with only a few laps to go :burnout: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Weren't those high speed Pirelli blow outs frightening and rather worrying :shock: I remember ~7 years ago Pirelli also had problems with high speed blowouts at Silverstone. From memory there were 5 or 6 in the whole race. Not a good advert for the brand

And not a good time to put those Pirelli boots back on the Ebola Phil :poke:

Run at the correct pressure they should be OK. Teams were running them low to get / keep the heat in them, and they failed at the shoulder ... little hint about it here ...F1 in Schools - Gary Anderson
Phil

lotusflasherman
God

Previous

Return to Off Topic Area