Mercedes SLK Seat Mounts

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

Mercedes SLK Seat Mounts

Postby CallMeLegend » Mon 24.08.2020, 13:09

I've come up with a flat sheet mount for the SLK seats, it has several options. Made from 5mm S275 steel strip

You are looking at the RH set here viewed from outside the car.

The Top hole on the LH strip picks up on the existing rear inboard hole in the cars floor, this also is used for the rear inboard SLK seat runner mount.

The next hole down also picks up on the Lotus rear seat holes in the floor, the last hole at the bottom of the flat strip is for the rear outboard SLK mounting hole.

Now, I plan to use the same strip on the FWD set of existing holes in the Lotus floor & redrill the SLK seat runner with an 11mm hole 380mm away from the rear hole, adding a large 3mm thick x 50mm long load spreader plate on the upper face of the runner to spread the load. This should enable it to pick up on the inboard existing fwd hole, then same as the rear from there. That way the load is being taken in tension & shear by the Lotus floor mounts, no bending is induced into the fasteners.

As a contingency I have shaped plate, the holes on the LH of the screen are for the Lotus mounting holes, the holes on the RH side of the screen on the shaped plate are for the SLK FWD mounting holes.

Both of these plates will require the odd, angled plate that is riveted to the SLK seat runner to be removed, that's a 5min job.

CallMeLegend
Fanatic

Re: Mercedes SLK Seat Mounts

Postby CallMeLegend » Wed 26.08.2020, 13:27

Exciting collection from laser cutters today...

CallMeLegend
Fanatic

Postby CallMeLegend » Wed 26.08.2020, 22:09

I'm pretty stoked at the moment.

The SLK seat adaptors do the trick perfectly. I need the bolts I have ordered to arrive so I can fit the correct length ones, but everything lines up well & the seats mount about 5mm off the floor, so nice & low.

Once I have checked the fit with the correct bolts I'll paint the adaptors satin Black.

CallMeLegend
Fanatic

Postby M100PGC » Tue 15.09.2020, 14:16

This is interesting as fitted SLK seats to my S2 some time ago. Club Lotus magazine published my "how to do it letter" in the last issue of 2017.
I used later seats (MY2015?) but had issue with the seat belt loops being solid and fouling so had to swop the backs.
To date seats have been very good and much better for my back than the originals, I like having the adjustable height as well as rake but have to be careful as they can come close to hood hinges.
Hope this goes well for you
M100PGC

Return to Interior