AVO Rears - bottom bush sleeve size

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

AVO Rears - bottom bush sleeve size

Postby RonR » Wed 21.04.2021, 13:02

A few weeks ago I got some rear AVO shocks from PNM - Tried to fit them today and discovered that the bottom bush sleeve was too large, instead of 12mm ID it was 12.7 (Half inch), apparently the half inch sleeves are used on the Esprit.

It seems that AVO have fitted the wrong sleeve during manufacture. PNM were really good and checking their stock found another set with the wrong sleeves. They're dealing with AVO and sending the correct sleeves, so if you've recently bought AVO rear shocks please check the ID of the bottom bush sleeve.
RonR
Enthusiast

Re: AVO Rears - bottom bush sleeve size

Postby clemo » Sun 02.05.2021, 12:54

Hummm thats a bit of a error for sure .
Thank you for highlighting it Ron.
Jim Clark S2 - 1/12. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Re: AVO Rears - bottom bush sleeve size

Postby Steve A » Mon 03.05.2021, 14:18

RonR wrote:A few weeks ago I got some rear AVO shocks from PNM - Tried to fit them today and discovered that the bottom bush sleeve was too large, instead of 12mm ID it was 12.7 (Half inch), apparently the half inch sleeves are used on the Esprit.

It seems that AVO have fitted the wrong sleeve during manufacture. PNM were really good and checking their stock found another set with the wrong sleeves. They're dealing with AVO and sending the correct sleeves, so if you've recently bought AVO rear shocks please check the ID of the bottom bush sleeve.

Very well spotted that man :clap: I've just checked mine and they are the same :roll: it's a good job I'm slow at fitting them, I got mine last June :oops:
"If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
Steve A
God

Return to Suspension and Brakes