Cars on Ebay

Elans for sale in the UK.
Discussion of prices of Elans advertised for sale on LEC is prohibited in open forum, private discussion is perfectly acceptable. A separate area for discussion of prices of Elans not advertised on LEC and market value generally is available in the 'Elan Buying Help section' of the 'For Sale' area.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

Cars on Ebay

Postby jdwoollins » Mon 21.06.2021, 18:55

jdwoollins
Welcome to LEC - please introduce yourself

Re: Cars on Ebay

Postby dapinky » Tue 22.06.2021, 09:16

Hello, and welcome to LEC.

I will start by saying that I don't know any of the cars (or sellers) personally, so can only go on the pictures and adverts as written....

The first is a modified car which may or may not be to your taste - however, the seller has retained all the original parts, so that is a bonus (personally, I couldn't live with the interior, but then again, I don't have to.... other people dislike mine - your car, you do as you wish with it!

The second one looks largely original, but has had some worthwhile modifications (without upsetting the look of the car at all) - wheels, brakes, chip, exhaust.... advert is worded to suggest that the owner has cared about the car, and appears to be an 'honest' advert.

Third one is another advert suggesting a careful owner - nice photos of the car, so they are happy to take it out for a photo opportunity to help the sale. Nice list of work done - from the photos, the panel gaps are some of the nicest I've seen.... and a car with low mileage.

Fourth one - it is immediately obvious that it is a 'dealer car' - the sales advert is a marketing 'cut and paste' on the marque/model and not a lot about this specific vehicle. The pictures seem to show the car well, but I'd be wanting rid of those 18" wheels (although the advert says 18", they may be smaller looking at the pictures of the calliper clearance).... but you may well not get the OE wheels to fit it with the brakes on it! - each to their own, but this car needs a proper 'looking at' to see what it is as the advert isn't a great help......... but some people like to get the "full dealer service" and are happy to travel and pay for it.

So, that is just from a quick look at the adverts - if it were me (and it isn't!), I'd be looking at #3, #2 and maybe #4 if local enough ..... but I know someone who would immediately want to view #1 because it's his sort of thing......
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually.....

go on - click this link - you know you want to!
dapinky
LEC Administrator

Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Postby KenCarson » Tue 22.06.2021, 18:38

Have you checked the MOT history of these cars? Worth a look.
KenCarson

Postby Rambo » Wed 23.06.2021, 07:10

I do not know these cars or their owners either so probably not LEC regulars. Just a few general comments from me....

#1 this car has been around for a while and also been advertised on EBay before - I remember the superfluous reference to Mark Knopfler. Great guitarist but probably nothing to do with that M100 or any other. The car appears to have had a large re-commission but has got aftermarket mini wheels :shock:

#2 now sold

#3 looks to me to be the best of the bunch, or rather the one I would look at first. It has had a speedo change but mileages appear to have been verified

#4 as Dave implies, usual garage bull$hit. Avoid those 18" wheels at all costs
Rambo
Don't push me

Return to UK Elans - For Sale