Another SE in SW Scotland

A forum where new members can introduce themselves and be welcomed by existing members.

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

Another SE in SW Scotland

Postby Jacko » Sat 06.02.2021, 00:49

Hi folks,

I’ve just driven a blue SE home 270 miles from the midlands. First Lotus car. Big grin...

And big thanks to all on LEC for this mine of information.

Peter Jackson,
Glenswinton, Castle Douglas.
www.glenswinton.co.uk
Jacko

Re: Another SE in SW Scotland

Postby Rambo » Sat 06.02.2021, 12:11

Hello Peter. Well done and welcome to LEC.

I don't think there are any other owners in Dumfries and Galloway but there are quite a few to the north of you in Ayrshire. And, quite a few of us scattered about in the east of the country
Rambo
Don't push me

Postby Jamie N » Sat 06.02.2021, 12:48

Hi Jacko!, welcome to the board, great to see another addition to the Scottish contingent. :wink:
Jamie N
Seal God

Postby clemo » Sat 06.02.2021, 13:24

There is a decent Elan clan up that way ... you must get a lot of sunshine.
Jim Clark S2 - 1/12. The one with the Yellow spoke wheels . No 613 on dash (pushed in to factory in wrong order 615 on tub)
clemo
LEC Administrator

Postby Jacko » Sat 06.02.2021, 21:36

clemo wrote:you must get a lot of sunshine.

Er, yes, sunshine is bit of a a scarce resource, even down here on the Scottish Côte d’Azur. But sometimes the clouds do part for an hour or two, and then we have hundreds of miles of deserted rain-washed open roads around the Galloway Forest Park and Southern Uplands.

And for the time being, we’re allowed out of our houses not only for “exercise”, gathering food from Tesco, clapping for Nicola etc., but also for open-air “recreation”. So it seems a shame not to a bit more of the latter and leave others to take care of the former. :D
Jacko

Postby Giniw » Sun 07.02.2021, 18:45

Hello and welcome to you Jacko!
Giniw
God

Postby Kipperozzy » Mon 08.02.2021, 13:06

Hi Jacko, welcome to the forum, lots of great information on here and help if required. Lovely sunny day here on the west coast, unfortunately too much salt to allow me out for a blast .....and Elan is Sorned as we aren’t allowed out of our local area.
Kipperozzy
Enthusiast

Postby Jacko » Thu 11.02.2021, 19:34

Kipperozzy wrote:Hi Jacko, welcome to the forum, lots of great information on here and help if required. Lovely sunny day here on the west coast, unfortunately too much salt to allow me out for a blast .....and Elan is Sorned as we aren’t allowed out of our local area.

It’s been a spell of glorious weather down here on the Scottish riviera too.

Incidentally, far be it from me to encourage anyone to interpret Wee Nippy’s Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 in any but the strictest possible way, but the Regulations do include two whole pages of statutory “good reasons” for going more than 5 miles outside our local areas. Work, voluntary work, and accessing or providing education or training are all included...
Jacko

Postby Scott J » Sun 14.02.2021, 12:26

Jack, good to have another Lotus owner in Scotland. Also look up Lotus Drivers Club, we do organise summer caffeine days, well used to.
Some people beat Rambo from A to B.
Scott J
The prodigal son

Return to New Members - Introductions