| Home | WikiLEC | Repairs | Upgrades | Gallery | Buy & Sell | Mountain Chips | Meets & Events | Contact |
|
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith
epipete wrote:I changed my exhaust for 1.25 SS a few years back and, yes, like you I thought it was really loud an the return from the fit. Nowadays I hardly notice, so you get used to it, it must still be loud though because when it arrived here all the Cypriots were commenting that it wouldn't pass the mot on the noise (it did though), so it must be loud to the uninitiated!
Tuga2112 wrote:judging from the sound and my recollection of others cars at the midlands meetup. i think this is about 50% louder than the others.

if your there of course!tb10 wrote:WM meetingif your there of course! John
tb10 wrote:We'll have a vote re your exhaust at the next WM meetingif your there of course!
tb10 wrote:You could always download a DB app onto your phone? This or similar? https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... d&hl=en_GB
Rambo wrote:Whether it be Peco, Cybox or Piper they're all good and make a good sound.
Tuga2112 wrote:[for the moment I am feeling very positive about the elan, if things go according to plan tomorow, and i get MOT done saturday, I will be driving the elan everyday for the whole summer
Rambo wrote:Rubber smell ? Sounds like a belt problem ?
Rambo wrote:What could possibly go wrong ?![]()

Tuga2112 wrote:Rambo wrote:Rubber smell ? Sounds like a belt problem ?
that sounds like a easy one to diagnose/check. (meaning ill be checking it as soon as the Elan is MOT'ed)
If your correct, in the car it is, a hell of a pain to solve. (as far as I'm aware)
Do you think it's worth it to open a new topic on the "off topic" section asking for help ?
I feel a bit uneasy to bring problems with my other cars into this forum as its (probably) a frown upon car to start, and just not a Elan, or even a lotus for that effect. therefore completely out of topic.Rambo wrote:What could possibly go wrong ?![]()
Considering it already failed, with the issues previously mentioned. and i got the parts for the issues referred, I hope not much... (fingers crossed)
Tuga2112 wrote:silencer was the "wisest" one. (no John, I do not know how to spell it correctly, neither if the word even exists)
Rambo wrote:My money's on another emissions failure. Make sure you take it for a hammering before the re-test and the engines nicely warmed up. A dose of fuel additive may also help
Return to Projects - Other (Minor)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests