| Home | WikiLEC | Repairs | Upgrades | Gallery | Buy & Sell | Mountain Chips | Meets & Events | Contact |
|
Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

mikecg wrote:Yesterday during a short journey the car suddenly started to stop and start very quickly allowing the car to continue , during this the rev counter would erratically go off the scale and every time the engine stalled the engine management light would come on. I completed my journey of a couple of miles and discovered the RH headlight pod was in the up position. It would not go up or down but the left pod would but all of the lights worked including main beam .
On heading home the stop start and rev counter are working fine but the pod is permanently up . I have manually lowered it but it then just stays down .
I guess I have two issues how to get my pod working and secondly what the hell was going on initially . The first problems in two and a half years ..
Tuga2112 wrote:... enright is not very happy with me opening new threads for every problem i have in my car
John_W wrote:Tuga2112 wrote:... enright is not very happy with me opening new threads for every problem i have in my car
I don’t think the server could cope with that many threads either.
mikecg wrote:Thanks guys i will persue. Where will i find the engine earthing point?
Rambo wrote:Are Clan McElan M100's possibly more reliable than their English counterparts ?
Rambo wrote:John_W wrote:Tuga2112 wrote:... enright is not very happy with me opening new threads for every problem i have in my car
I don’t think the server could cope with that many threads either.
Me too![]()
I never seem to have problems with my Elan's. They are extremely reliableAnd I know your's has been too John, bar the square wheel problem on Skye, which wasn't your fault, and the latest gear problem
Are Clan McElan M100's possibly more reliable than their English counterparts ?

Rambo wrote:My mantra is "use it or lose it"
Rambo wrote:My mantra is "use it or lose it"
dapinky wrote:Rambo wrote:Are Clan McElan M100's possibly more reliable than their English counterparts ?
Nah, Welsh ones are the most reliable..... I can't remember seeing a single thread started because of a Welsh issue (but I have a poor memory).
Brit-Car-Nut wrote:You guys can always host the photos yourselves and then provide a link...
Rambo wrote:And those you had with pinky and bluey
Fredjohn wrote:To get back on topic......
Surely the first thing to do if a pod won't lift is to try to raise it manually by turning the knob. If it works, then move onto electrical issues. If it doesn't rise, then the problem is probably the plastic gear or the 3 plastic rods that gave disintegrated. Then it's an easy and cheap fix.
Always assume the simplest cheapest before the hard expensive!
Return to Electrical / Electronics / Stereo / Lights etc.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest