M100 Leather seat repairs

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Nige, Elanlover, Sy V, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith, clemo, Dave Eds, Specky, DaveT

M100 Leather seat repairs

Postby Jimbow1953 » Fri 29.05.2020, 16:00

I've found a very good leather upholsterer in Kings Langley, Herts, who repaired my seats. Warren of WG Upholstery replaced eight worn/damaged panels, coloured them to match and re-coloured the passenger seat to remove creases in the leather. An excellent job at a very reasonable price less than £300. I would highly recommend him. If you want your seats repaired contact him at https://www.yell.com/biz/w-g-upholstery ... -8642796/#
Good Luck
Jimbow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jimbow1953

Re: M100 Leather seat repairs

Postby rip » Fri 29.05.2020, 16:21

The driver's seat base looks a little saggy. This may be due to the foam itself being permanently squashed, but it may be something much easier to repair.
The leather cover should tuck into fixing channels underneath, but it has a habit of easing its way out.
The base itself is a sheet of very tough material (something like Hessian) which is held on with several metal clips. (The S2 has a metal plate which makes it much firmer). You won't notice the clips breaking 1 by 1 but the seat gradually sags as a result. Replacement clips are easily manufactured from wire coat hangers.
1990 SE
rip
God

Return to Interior