Carpet - amount needed

Moderators: theelanman, dapinky, Specky, clemo, Nige, Sy V, Dave Eds, DaveT, Elanlover, muley, Enright, algirdas, nitroman, GeoffSmith

Carpet - amount needed

Postby ashm » Sun 04.10.2026, 16:03

Hello all,
Those who have DIY'd replacing the carpets - how much carpet material did you need to use?
Cheers
User avatar
ashm
God
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Sat 14.02.2009, 11:32
Location: South Wales

Re: Carpet - amount needed

Postby dapinky » Sun 04.10.2026, 17:19

This won't help you at all - but I used half of what I bought... except I don't know how much I purchased......

.... it was sold on ebay as "BMW-MINI" carpet, in sheets...... no actual dimensions were given, just an 'approximation' of 2m x 3m... they were actually a tad bigger - presumably, the right size for a press that makes a floorpan carpet for a MINI.

I bought 4 pieces, and one was sufficient to do both Elan footwells from the front bulkhead to the rear bulkhead. I used a second one to do the rear bulkhead, speaker boxes and 'B' pillar covers (plus the map pocket and other little bits).

I still had 2 left, so I did the other car!
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10610
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).

Re: Carpet - amount needed

Postby Tuga2112 » Mon 05.10.2026, 15:03

dapinky wrote:This won't help you at all - but I used half of what I bought... except I don't know how much I purchased......

.... it was sold on ebay as "BMW-MINI" carpet, in sheets...... no actual dimensions were given, just an 'approximation' of 2m x 3m... they were actually a tad bigger - presumably, the right size for a press that makes a floorpan carpet for a MINI.

I bought 4 pieces, and one was sufficient to do both Elan footwells from the front bulkhead to the rear bulkhead. I used a second one to do the rear bulkhead, speaker boxes and 'B' pillar covers (plus the map pocket and other little bits).

I still had 2 left, so I did the other car!

you may be able to find the listing in your ebay history. depends on how long ago... which now reminds me of how long ago you done the green car... and i suspect ebay wont go that far back :roll:
Still learning
Youtube Channel @Tuga2112 M100 repair videos
User avatar
Tuga2112
God
 
Posts: 3055
Joined: Fri 12.09.2014, 22:54
Location: Durham with a regular trip to Walsall

Re: Carpet - amount needed

Postby dapinky » Mon 05.10.2026, 16:45

Tuga2112 wrote:you may be able to find the listing in your ebay history. depends on how long ago... which now reminds me of how long ago you done the green car... and i suspect ebay wont go that far back :roll:


Ebay 'only' goes back to 2017,,,,, unfortunately, I'd already tried looking before I made my post.... I was hoping that I'd be able to find the original order. :(
Dave

Just the one now, but this one's mine! - and it will be finished eventually..... - but also temporary custodian of a project until it is finished enough for Angie to drive it


...oh, and a 2006 Freelander destined for the jungles of The Gambia - 4500 miles across roads, desert and tracks - what could possibly go wrong?
User avatar
dapinky
LEC Administrator
 
Posts: 10610
Joined: Sun 15.10.2006, 12:54
Location: As far west as you can get in West Wales before you become Irish (Pembroke Dock).


Return to Interior

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests